• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A change on newbified items?

• Thread starter TramMoonWalker
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

TramMoonWalker

Hello. I have infrequently log in UO and Stratics for a few months till these days and have one question.
Is it normal that newbified items are being locked down in container?

T

TramMoonWalker

Many of you may remember there were unintended change to allow newbified items to be locked last year and it got fixed about 2 or 3 weeks after patch. While the bug unfixed, we can lock it down directly on house floor or in container, and in both case, they decay.

I couldnt find any info about this change in Herald, in Stratisc Forum neither(its dead actually). Anyone know official info that ensure locking newbified's down are safe?

Note
I gave a test; throw a uninsureable newb shirt in a wooden box, then locked on the house floor. It stays undecayed for 4 days and counting. so it seems its safe de facto atm.

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Many of you may remember there were unintended change to allow newbified items to be locked last year and it got fixed about 2 or 3 weeks after patch. While the bug unfixed, we can lock it down directly on house floor or in container, and in both case, they decay.

I couldnt find any info about this change in Herald, in Stratisc Forum neither(its dead actually). Anyone know official info that ensure locking newbified's down are safe?

Note
I gave a test; throw a uninsureable newb shirt in a wooden box, then locked on the house floor. It stays undecayed for 4 days and counting. so it seems its safe de facto atm.
You can safely lock down newbified items in a container, no problem.

T

TramMoonWalker

Thx Kaj, guess no official announcement have been made though.