• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A challenge to EA Mythic

• Thread starter kennykilleduo
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

kennykilleduo

First off , I would like to thank all of the Team UO workers 2007 was a great year for UO , sure its not 100% fixed , we lost a few really good Dev members and players , the last few months have been slow , but we now reach another major milestone for UO ,it appears EA Mythic now holds our fate in there hands , due they sink us or rise UO from the ashes , I'm thinking UO has a good future.

My challenge is to have Mark Jacobs himself answer these 6 things for us about the future of UO:

1. Is there room for 3 MMO's in the EA Mythic stable.

2. Do you plan on any type of role in UO ?

3. Would you ever consider a MAJOR marketing campaign for UO?

4. Alot of players , that have quit UO , stated they like UO better in the non items based days ( Pre Age of Shadows) , What do you think about item based games?

5. Can we expect the same product quality as stated in your post below for UO>

6. What is a day in your life like ?

This is quoted from another site from Mark Jacobs:

Source:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=662086#662086

<blockquote><hr>

Folks,

Keep this in mind when you look at WAR's development, especially in regard to EA. Since EA bought us, we've extended the development time of WAR in order to make it a better game. As the guys from Blizzard just said at D.I.C.E., it's their willingness to miss ship dates + commitment to quality that has allowed them to make hit after hit. When we have told EA that we have needed to delay the game, they didn't blithely say "Gee, okay, take your time, we don't mind!" but rather "Okay, show us why you need more time and why this game is going to succeed." Since we have been able to do that, they then gave us the time we needed. Our CEO has publicly stated that EA needs to raise the quality bar of our games and we at the EA Games Label, are working hard to do that. The president of the Games Label, Frank Gibeau, is a huge MMO fan and has been very supportive of us. With our beta signups, surging interest in Asia and reactions from our beta testers, EA knows that we are well on our way to making a great and successful game and they are giving us the time and resources to do just that.

I won't say "It will be done when it's done" but creating something great on a large scale takes time and as Blizzard and BioWare have proven, if you take the time, invest the resources and have the talent then good things will happen in the end. And believe me, nobody wants to see WAR take the stage more than I do but, as I've said before, I'd rather have you pissed at us now than pissed at us when we release.

Mark

[/ QUOTE ]

G

Take a lesson from 3DO. Great games, until Heroes-4 was rushed to the market. The expansions that followed were rushed, and by by 3DO.

Then UbiSoft got the rights to make Heroes5. They made the game. They did their Closed Beta test, and announced a release date. The message board on their site went bonkers, Demanding, for the sake of the game, that Open Beta test be done, and to push the release date back. And that is exactly what they did.

We would rather wait, and get a good game, rather that have a game no where near what it is suppost to be, but get it earlier. No one will not buy any game, "because the release date was pushed back", But a whole lot of people will Quit a game because it was rushed to the market, and is just plain Bad.

I

imported_archite666

IMO

Heros 5 was awesome , except the graphics make my eyes hurt, but I loved heros 3 and heroes 5 kicks ass, also....

Join Siege Perilous!

Siege Perilous its the place to be!
To Kill
To Loot
And most of all
To be all we can be!

G

<blockquote><hr>

IMO

Heros 5 was awesome , except the graphics make my eyes hurt, but I loved heros 3 and heroes 5 kicks ass, also....

Join Siege Perilous!

Siege Perilous its the place to be!
To Kill
To Loot
And most of all
To be all we can be!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! Shameless plug!

I agree with you, though!

C

Cellmate

<blockquote><hr>

malice 123: My challenge is to have Mark Jacobs himself answer these 6 things for us about the future of UO:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure your questions would be the same as any/all that I'd ask, given a chance to actually ask MJ a direct question at all.

Given he's never once even posted to our forums and has rarely even mentioned the existance of UO, except on the f13.net forum when the move of UO and the layoffs were a hot topic, I'd probably settle for a quick "Hello, I'm Mark and I have heard of UO, I'll now hand you back to normal viewing, goodbye!" post.

He has shown no interest at all in UO that I've ever seen anywhere, he's all Warhammer and DAoC, which becomes pretty clear to anyone, if you look around various forums and such.

It's these sorts of things that keep me asking questions about EA Mythic's structure, the who's who in the corporate tree and where exactly does UO fit in to the overall scheme of things. And getting answers to these questions has been so far and appears to still be harder than pulling teeth!