• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A CASTLE IS BORN!!!!

G

Today at 7:45 am Great Lakes got its newest Castle!

the timeline:

11 years ago -- I play UO for the first time.... start saving my pennies
2 - years ago - I get a keep in fel

One day I notice on my UOAM that the keep is in the same coordinates as my old freind Highmoons castle on Catskills

The NEXT TWO YEARS --- I work on getting the neighboring houses - I wait outside, I place books there - I use UO's site to try to find owners - I spam the bank - I drop runes - no luck

Eventually one house sells and I almost buy - someones else buys and I work for months by ICQ to get him to sell or trade - he's always busy or I cant find the exact right trade he wants

HULK JR.
Our good freind and guildmember Hulk, gives me the GV Rune Library, along with the empty account holding it -- on it is Hulk Junior a character with total skills of 100 or so and no armor -- I un-guild Hulk Jr from GV and work on hiding to make him my main searcher for spots

TWO DOWN 2 to GO
One day I log in and see that the house is about to IDOC - I place at the IDOC

HOUSE WAR!
Another falls when I am not around and a battle between BC and AT ensues -both guilds know the value of this land---- AT places one house and BC another

I find Dellaghetto from AT and convince him to sell it to me -- being no nubie -- he knows the deal and the value of the plot and squeezes me for millions for a 9x11 - being a nice guy he also lets me know that one of the other houses needs to be expanded to avoid a 5th one being placed

LAST HOUSE....
One house remains.... and its owned by none other than Silver, the GM of BC

I spend months chasing Silver --- how do you negotiate with someone who is rich, does not need money and whose hobby is killing you?

For this little 7x7 .... I offer a Crimson and 10 million, -- I offer a Crimson and 20 million --- I beg, I plead, I die

I stand around Fel for hours asking anyone with a BC tag to message Silver... they kill me, mess with me, kill me some more -- then start having various members pretend they are Silver just to torture me

I joke with them and get to know a few -- I do pay them one genuine compliment -- in my hours ghosting near em I will say this -- they do know how to kill people

I PESTER BC FOR THE LAST HOUSE SO MUCH THAT THEY MAKE ME AN HONORARY GUILD MEMBER FOR A COUPLE HOURS!

The much feared "BC" tag above my name - I must admit it was kinda cool - I run around Fel a bit watching people stear clear of me and run from my 60 Hit Point character with no weapon

The honorary membership is short lived and I start getting killed again

My persistence earns me a couple freinds in BC and eventually I speak with Silver a couple times -- by the time I convince him to sell the house --- the account holding has expired and he tells me I need to wait three more months for it to fall

At least by his good graces he decides to let me live in peace and doesnt have me camped

MORE WAITING... prep for battle

So daily I check the house, again and again.... I plan for battle in case its discovered and get special permission from Katherine, our GM to bring a GV expedition into Fel for a fight if need be - I set up stores of ammo, bandaids and design the neighboring houses for battle

Well this morning the house finally fell

I hold my breath as I log on to each account and drop the houses -- I dont even bother to try to move all my junk

I run to the spot marked on UOAM for the best Castle spot - having visited every shard in the game

I click on the house tool.... hold my breath

presto

A castle is born!

Thanks to Silver, Deleghetto, AT, BC and especially thank you to all my fellow GV members

A day long in coming... as fun as it was I was alone when I placed the castle and the best times in this game are still those spent with freinds and players, my guildies, my pals and everyone (even BC)....

Thanks everyone!

G

Sweet! Grats man, that is an awesome tale of a uber effort on your part. Bet the wait was worth it.:)

M

mist

Congratulations Fishy. Have to see the new castle when it is decorated. Gonna have an open house?

Techthys

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congratulations! Masterfully told, and with a happy ending to boot!

G

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Well done.... hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

G

thanks for the kind words everyone!

I'll have an open house for sure!!

B

BlackBetty

Congratulations, Fish!

The only thing sweeter than that is how I got my first Keep. Watched a guy for a week moving things from his homes so he could drop them and place a keep himself. He was slightly angry when he saw someone else's name on the house sign.

Ahh, good times, good times.

I

imported_herc

Another BC sympathizer - the world is going soft! fyi.. if it helps you with the mental image, Silver is bald.

Zynia

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats Fishy, didn't have the time to read the entire thing but I skimmed and scrolled. I'll read it another time!

G

I always preferred keeps to castles.

Just kidding. Congratulations and great job ..... you deserved it.

I

imported_Loquacious Wrath

When you dropped the small plots, we you not worried about someone placing a small plot before you were able to place the castle?

G

very!

I had two options

1 get 25 guild members to Fel and cast reveal and protect the area
or
2 use the stealth method - hide all characters in each account drop and log into the next account real fast - I did it first thing in the moring Eastern time so not many people were on -- the plot is in fel and there is no walk by traffic-- a big risk but it worked! (not only would they have gotten the plot but all my stuff I let drop to the ground when I dropped the keep)

<blockquote><hr>

When you dropped the small plots, we you not worried about someone placing a small plot before you were able to place the castle?

[/ QUOTE ]