• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A bright spot in all the turmoil

G

It seems to me that there has been one really nice bonus of all the crap lately- I've really been getting to know and hang out with my roomies/friends in EA Land.

Most of the time you see each other between work shifts and running off to skill and all that, but I actually spent a few hours on my lot last night with my roomies and dressed up in silly costumes and tried out all our interactions on each other (have to say I love the can-can!), blew bubbles and generally laughed our butts off. I had a blast! It was nice to get away from the money focus, even though there was a lot of crabbing going on!

I can get along without millions of simoleans, and intend to never buy or sell them at an ATM, but my friends are what makes this game fun for me- not the $. That's why we're here instead of playing Sims I or 2 or whatever- for the interaction with real life people!

I'm not trying to be rah-rah or whatever, but we are all, myself included, so negative lately. We may as well just face the facts- the economy isn't going to change any time soon. If you want the millions, craft or create CC, because nothing else is going to make money right now.

It's up to us to make the best of what we have to work with! Hopefully things will get better, but in the meantime, bench press a friend...tell ghost stories around a campfire and place bet's on whose sim pees if the ghost appears...put on the diver helmet and then go blow out candles on a birthday cake (trust me, it's funny!)...blow bubbles and watch your sim giggle and snort...you'll feel better, I promise! I know I do!

I

imported_Qute Pi

What a great post.
It's amazing what your imagination can do!
Along with great friends!

O

ozzynowgone

thats absolutely correct the original use of this game was a chat forum with stuff to do together while chatting all that got lost with the exploits and the botting

now with ea becoming greedy with the lowering of payouts and raising the prices making it virtually impossible to not buy simoleans from them the dynamics of the game has competely changed

what used to be a great community of friends has now become all a bunch of rivals trying to make simoleans and cut each others throats

so therefore ppl if you wanna start blaming ppl for the mess dont blame the ppl in game trying to have fun dont even blame the ppl that may use simsitters sometimes

put the blame squarely on the shoulders of where it belongs on ea and corporate greed they created this new trickle out economy to enrich themselves and make slaves out of everyone else just remember the game used to be fun when we didnt have to worry about simoleans all the time