• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] A bloodstained runebook info

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a friend that recently reopened one of his really old accounts. On the account he found a runebook that he gave me. The runebook is named A Bloodstained Runebook Artifact Rarity 11, . I tried to look it up but couldnt find any info on it...
Figured that i would come here to try and find some info on it...

Does anyone know where it came from?
How old it is?
How rare it is?
The value of it?

Any help is greatly appreciated..

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
more then likely just a plain runebook that people just renamed "A bloody Runebook artifact"

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thats what i thought it might be... But the "Bloodstained Runebook" is in Italic print and not normal printing.. Can you type like that on runebooks?
It also say Artifact Rarity 11, and that part is in normal print

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure if it is still possible. ON RUNEBOOKS, to the best of my knowledge, it doesn't as the <> changes to ().

You used to be able to use html coding to change the text appearance on runebooks, houses, books, bracelets of binding, etc. You could change the font, make additional lines below (your artifact 11) and change the color of the text background. In the past, scammers would use these books or similar html items to swindle people who didn't know as they were very easily made and very inexpensive.

If it no longer can be made, it might be worth a few million to a novelty collector of such items. Hope this helps.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can still do html text/font/color and highlight on runebooks, books, runes, bracelets of binding

and it is done via a 3rd party app so it is an exploit and dont post/pm how to I wont say

but any items being sold that claim to be HTML or have colored text etc are not worth jack.. lots for sale at the rares fest area on ATL

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
You can still do html text/font/color and highlight on runebooks, books, runes, bracelets of binding

and it is done via a 3rd party app so it is an exploit and dont post/pm how to I wont say
Hmmmmm, I find that interesting. Especially seeing as how ALOT of the books dropped on the shard advertising the events during the rares fest had that very HTML color coding on it. Is there a legal non 3rd party app to do the same thing?

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmmmmm, I find that interesting. Especially seeing as how ALOT of the books dropped on the shard advertising the events during the rares fest had that very HTML color coding on it. Is there a legal non 3rd party app to do the same thing?
Books can be HTML named without any 3rd party apps.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Books can be done easily since the "<" and ">" are not affected and the body text and color tags can be used.

But with rune books, bracelets of binding etc people are using a third party app to allow the use of "<" and ">" characters and can use breaks (adding text to a new line) thus giving them the ability to put a "artifact rarity" line in to confuse people.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But with rune books, bracelets of binding etc people are using a third party app to allow the use of "<" and ">" characters and can use breaks (adding text to a new line) thus giving them the ability to put a "artifact rarity" line in to confuse people.
Prove it. Try to create a runebook or bracelet of binding with today's date in any color you choose.

Just tried with CC client, and all '<' or '>' were changed to '(' and ')' respectively. Any third party app just *interacts* with the UO Client but thats all, you cannot change a behavior that runs on the server.