• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Blackwatch Raid 6-10-17

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A Blackwatch Raid​

Kenzie was running a bit late, she had a few words with the stable master while getting “The BIG BADWOLF” and he would not shut up about how wolf had scared the three little piggies. So when she arrived at the Meeting place the Commander was already into his long winded, but well spoken, speech.
blackwatchA 6-10-17.jpg
Commander Bhaltair: Tonight is our first official use of this newly renovated hall. Many thanks to the Lady Sara Dale, and all the nameless bricklayers who assisted her in hauling this stone from the southernmost quarry.

*claps heartily*

Three cheers for our Legendary Architect!

*cheers several times, loses count*

But, on a more serious note

*smiles*

*claps*

well deserved, indeed I encourage you all to have a look around the building at your leisure when we are not so imperiled.

Now, Ladies. Gentlemen. Gargoyles. Bulls. Beetles.

“The Big Badwolf” growls.

Commander Bhaltair: *looks around in case he's missed something or someone.* It is with a troubled heart that I stand before you tonight. On our last mission, we recovered some troubling information. If you recall, one of our scouts barely escaped with his life. He was rescued from the depths of Doom by an intrepid party of adventurers.

Kenzie Mori: On the beach side of the Gauntlet, no less.

Commander Bhaltair: Indeed. Our healers restored him. Well, mostly. Ahem. Somewhat. Enough to talk, at least. He will never join in the village dances again, I fear. He described machinery, and strange pipes, fluids flowing through them. He spoke of a whirring and clanking, and great, heavy footfalls. All of this should be familiar to you. We do not have absolute proof, but it seems likely that Exodus is behind this latest assault.

[A pin could have been heard dropping on the floor at this moment, the looks, the *gasps* from all there as they look at the Commander as if he had grown a 2nd head.]

Aye, I know, I know - we thought him dead. Again. We must be certain. If he is dead, we shall spit on his grave. If he is not, we will put him in a fresh one, and spit on that.

*ignores many and varied spitting noises from around the room*

Exodus is not to be trifled with. We have fought long and hard against these soulless minions, whatever they may be. Their master will prove even harder to overcome if overcome him we can. I have managed to obtain nineteen sets of keys, that brave souls might follow me into his lair. If there are more of you than that, then I regret you cannot be part of the initial charge unless you have your own way in.

However, if you wish to brave Exodus's dungeon, you may be able to help by bringing up the rear. A good assault always needs backup. Now, for the gargoyles amidst us - I have a gateway to the arch zealot, who will adapt your human-made items for your own use. There is a matching gateway there which will bring you back here. Once all are ready, we can proceed. I will hand out your keys in a moment.

Are there any questions? Very well. If you could form an orderly queue, I will hand out the items you need.

[A question was asked as to what was the best slayer weapon to use against Exodus.]

I am unsure. Exodus is like nothing you have seen before he is part daemon, part mechanical beast it is unlikely that there are any common weapons that will make life easier. Take your equipment, and move on.
blackwatchB 6-10-17.jpg
[Once all had the necessary items, including gargoyle’s, had been passed out, a gate was open to the nearest shrine to enact the ritual to cross over to the domain of Exodus’s. Parties were quickly formed and the 1st group set off into the beast’s lair. Kenzie was not in that first group so the party was in full swing when her group joined the first. Sorry, there was hardly time to vet the pet and take quick sketchings of the battle. But in the end, the Blackwatch proved to be a force that Exodus could not stand toe to toe with. But the Commander words while all gather the loot were to bring back fear within the eyes there.]
blackwatchC 6-10-17.jpg
Tanager: mmm did the corpse have any useful information?

Commander Bhaltair: Indeed it did troubling information first, I do not believe this is the true Exodus this is some vile construct he placed here to fool us

*kicks*
blackwatchD 6-10-17.jpg
secondly, there are bite marks all over it marks you should all recognize - from soulless minions!!!! At some point, this - this - THING - was attacked by the same beasts as we were it seems it vanquished them. but this means we were misled. There is something else out there something possibly similar to Exodus but not Exodus.

I fear we must still seek our true foe for this misshapen metal monster, is not it. Now, the night is young, although some of us are not, do you wish to try to obtain more keys, or simply go and spend your well-earned gold? I have to tell you, finding all the keys for tonight took the better part of a day.

[It was at this point all decided to not go forth on another raid or seek keys, rather we would seek the warmth of our homes and beds.]

One area of our journey this evening was a bit funny and I post it here away from the rest above to maybe get a laugh, a giggle.

Commander Bhaltair: SOLDIERS! IF YOU ARE NOT IN A PARTY, YOU WILL BE LEFT TO GUARD THIS BUSH

Kenzie Mori: AND IT BETTER BE STILL HERE WHEN WE GET BACK.

Last edited:

EM Kincaid

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Fabulous! I didn't see this post while I was posting my pitiful pictures! We DO have an official photographer!
*applies chains to Kenzie's legs, and a painbrush to hand*

Thank you for this excellent report!

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
*issue Kenzie a lock picking set* She is more then willing to post pictures of our adventures on the lands of Siege. No chains will be necessary, however, there will be only posting in threads, I will not be posting news for all of UO to read as the "Reporters" do. However, they are free to copy paste this using "Thier Name". I give that to them freely.

Last edited:

Marisa Kirisame

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Soulless minion with Exodus template is within our grasp, it seems.

Also, did anyone check Exodus' slayer vulnerability?

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
She is more then willing to post pictures of our adventures on the lands of Siege. No chains will be necessary, however, there will be only posting in threads, I will not be posting news for all of UO to read as the "Reporters" do.
I will gladly take what I can get! :p Thank you for the write-up and the photos, I always enjoy the comments and pics afterward.