• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest A big thanks to the Chessy Rares Staff

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wanna say a huge thank you to the Chessy Rares staff, the pirate people, UO Radio and anyone who was involved! Was first Rares fest ive been to in like 4 years from not playing etc. And it was great and a good crack! And im sorry for my drunken antics on the saturday night lol.

But great going guys it was amazing and i spent all my gold but gained so many nice shiny items in return :)

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
I will seccond (or third) this as well. I was awed, not only by the quantity and quality of activities and events, but by the number of participants from all across UO. Real life prevented me from attending as many events as I would have liked, so this list is incomplete - feel free to correct it where it is wrong and add to it where it omits someone, but thanks to:

@Mesanna for the deco, which is always nice, but it says something when the developers of an ancient, understaffed game can take some time out from what has to be an extremely busy time and spend some time on a less populated shard with the players.

@Captn Norrington , from Atlantic who ran the silent auction and some events, and who henceforth shall be known as the cow whisperer:
: norryandsomecows2a.jpg
(somewhere in there, @Money Bags Mcgee is madly clicking away)

@Scribbles , from Atlantic, who burned through his stash of tokens transferring peoples crap to Chessy, much of which I subsequently bought;

@Restless , who donated treasure and raffled off a nice dolphin,

@blend , from Izumo (I think), who put what must have been a tremendous amount of thought and time into the incredible maze/puzzle house, which is all the more amazing when you consider the time difference that he put up with. Totally awesome job dude, you are the bomb! (and good luck running that last sentence through the translator).

And UO radio, from Siege and Great Lakes and I believe all over, for broadcasting live from the festival all week; for the very well done carnival midway house set up, and for the harbinger filled IDOC

Special thanks to the native Chessy players:
The RP'ers of Chessy - the pirates, gypsies and goblins, most of whom aren't even really rares people as far as I can tell, but still took the time and effort to put on some very entertaining events, including the Goblin Auction, which sadly I missed. I only recognize a few members of these communities, @whiterabbit and @old gypsy , but I know there are many more and apologize for omitting you.

@Riyana , among other things, ran a very nice live auction.

And I understand even @brianfreud2 helped. A little.

Anyway, greatly appreciated, had a blast.

Last edited: