• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A big thanks to devs on spellweaving mastery!

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
that is good to turn on mastery for that then go to a different mastery (methinks) I didn't really care for the other mastery (spellweaving) spells

StealYourFace

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The reaper works good on 1st and 2nd level spawns. Invis, let everything get on reaper and earthquake. Mana shields not that great. When I remember to put it on I don't see much diff.

Caelyr

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I agree, this is a really nice addition to the game, as are many of the masteries. However, when using the spellweaving mastery, the passive only affects you, so other players can't benefit from your increased circle strength. I'm not sure this is intended, as spellweaving is a co-op focused spell school. Perhaps one of the devs could clarify if it is intended to work this way.

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the masteries. However I'm sad by the poisoning mastery. I run a poison mage and the masteries are only for a melee char.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So now If I stick two toons with level 3 mastery at wbb, any single player can walk up and get a full focus?

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it adds + the level of mastery you have so if you are level 3 it adds +3 (I haven't tested yet so not sure if that is +4 total / person)
anyhow you have to have mastery on so most likely you have to have spellweaving on also.
we have been doing zero based focus to get +6 gem and then go put skill on. with this method you can use 2 peeps with level 3 mastery and get the +6 gem with just them. if anyone else jumps in I would assume they get a 6 also (if in skill range of 20 from caster)

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The mastery benefit only impacts the player with the mastery:

Player 1 on the Brit circle with level 3 mastery
Player 2 on a the Brit circle with no mastery
=
Player 1 gets a level 6, player two gets a level 3 focus.

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

=
Which opposes the whole getting folks to interact point doesn't it?

player one is not going to stick around to help player two get a higher focus
and spam for more people to come.

I got a level II and assumed what my focus level was everyone else got.

Now I know and feel bad for leaving early before everyone else got a max focus.

Not sure what the point was for this then........

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What would be preferred? Toons with 0 Skill so players who have soul stoned off their skill can get their focus, or characters with 100 skill so players with 80-120 skill can get their focus

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love the masteries. However I'm sad by the poisoning mastery. I run a poison mage and the masteries are only for a melee char.
They work with a Nox Mage as well, if you use a Mage Wep. Injecting Strike remains active even through spell casts, so if you swing at someone and hit them with your Mage Wep, you can apply DP with that hit. I like Exp+FS, then run in and hit so the person is hit with Exp+FS+DP all at the same time. Tolerance also works just fine for Nox Mages, reducing the level of Poison that you're hit with (just make sure you have at least 20 Stamina).

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

=
They should make it so that if the one with the mastery does the cast, all get the bonus due to his greater ability at Spellweaving.