• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A big Plea to any Dev or Gm - Please come and watch the end of a stranger fight!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite simply because it aint possible to pick up the loot dropped by the open box in under 0.5 nano seconds...I think there must be a script looting program active!!!!

Ive just finished a stranger with about 6 peeps on europa ..the box dropped and was opened and the loot spilled out...heaps of it...the loot names filled the screen up !! then 0.5 nano seconds later...clear dungeon floor ?? 6 people cannot clear loot this fast...no way!! please any gm or dev go to any of the more popular shards and monitor the end of the stranger fight and see if there is a active script looting going on and if so ban em!!

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
there are def sript progs used; u remember the ones used for script looting idoc's? It was one of the really bad ideas devs had for long time to spread loot on the ground like this. maybe they can find a workaround like the one used to prevent script looting on idoc's..

regards,

fizzle

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The problem isn't people loot scripting...the loot what little I've seen of it is total garbage. I can get better items doing Peerless.

The problem is the ridiculous drop system they set up with the event. It's a goddamn free for all. Last night again after spending 40+ minutes killing the stranger in Hythloth with no one else around the very last minute out come the lowlives and scavengers to swoop up the box. No more...I'm done with these BS events:rant2:

And if this crazy notion that the current events are somehow a ploy to catch people who are scripting then there is really something wrong. I sure as #$#% don't want the Dev's spending time on something so useless. Fix the known bugs (Ie Duping) and give us some new content (stygian Abyss). I still can't hit ALT-I and open up my backpack since one of the patches screwd that up.

The only way your going to stop loot scripting or scripting all together is to remove the 2D client and if they do that you can bet there will be someone else to develop a script program for UOKR.

The Dev's had better focus on the flaws of the game one of which is this new BS drop system that is rewarding players with absolutely no class or honor.

S

Satanatra

I finally went to a stranger fight the other night - to see what all the fuss was about. The fight was fun - as he was about to die i walked up to him... explotion of items... I picked up the lockbox no problem - script-less.

Use ctr/sht for the win!

Also, if they had something like doom where the top20 damagers got looting rights... no new players would ever get a thing. I dont have a problem with having a variation of looting once in a while.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i've been killing strangers all along (ok, i don't actually do much damage, mostly i heal pets and players as they do the damage), but either way i've participated in probably 30 stranger killings and i've never seen what you describe. at the end when the box explodes it's a mad rush as everyone grabs stuff. i'm only looking for gems so i just control/shift and grab as many as i can. there's been kills where i got 8 rare gems but most i get 0 to 3. i've been helping kill strangers on atlantic, cats, chessie, baja, europa and napa. not once seen any scripters picking up loot insta-fast.
PS - not saying at all that this isn't happening THP, i'm sure it is. just wanted to say i hadn't seen any sign of it happening even after 30+ stranger killings. i have seen killings where there's s*$t loot - like 3 gems and 5 pieces of armor. and seen other killings where the loot is insanely huge.

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is of course why the instanced corpses were added in the first place.

P

packrat

You really don't notice when there are a lot of people. But go with about 5-6 people and you will notice the stealthers picking things up really fast. I used tracking and found one female character at almost stranger appearance and she never reveals herself until the last one. She was in llama form and invised really fast after she was revealed. And I noticed this same character in Moonglow during the event. She never faught any thing. She would just follow the Berzerkas around looting the dead creatures.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was fine grabbing 3 boxes despite large competitive crowds. The scripting complaints are those of whiners and folks who think scripting a dumb box would be worthwhile...

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it comes to events or anything that you can get a good item from someone will always cry... if the person that does the most damage gets the item the weak players cry about the over rich people with their godly equipment. If the item falls on the ground so anyone can grab people cry like this. You gotta either give up or keep trying. Maybe they should just give everyone a box in their backpack like holiday items.... but oh wait then people would cry about that too.

P

packrat

I was fine grabbing 3 boxes despite large competitive crowds. The scripting complaints are those of whiners and folks who think scripting a dumb box would be worthwhile...
From what I have witnessed, they are not after the boxes. They are after the loot. The ones I saw were scooping up all the rare gems and the realy good loot. I don't know if you know this, but a few crimsons were dropped. I got a couple of minor arties from the stranger. I got a windsong bow, the fire bow (cant remember what the name is). And yes, I picked it off of the ground. And if you think people are not running illegal programs at these things, you are way out of touch with this game...

P

packrat

When it comes to events or anything that you can get a good item from someone will always cry... if the person that does the most damage gets the item the weak players cry about the over rich people with their godly equipment. If the item falls on the ground so anyone can grab people cry like this. You gotta either give up or keep trying. Maybe they should just give everyone a box in their backpack like holiday items.... but oh wait then people would cry about that too.
I don't play this game for items, rares or some more junk to store. I play it because I enjoy it. I don't care if I dont get a box. I got two by accident and I gave both of them away. One person was really sick and couldnt log on for the strangers so I gave one to her and another one to a friend that just started.
What I do have a problem with is: Fighting the strangers, dying 5 times, while someone does not do one hit point to that stranger. Sends a gate to have his friends come in so they can scoop up the loot they did not earn. If you call that whining. Then I am the biggest whiner in UO.
And I am sure that is the same way many other people feel. They are just frustrated at the system.

L

Lord Kynd

Quite simply because it aint possible to pick up the loot dropped by the open box in under 0.5 nano seconds...I think there must be a script looting program active!!!!

Ive just finished a stranger with about 6 peeps on europa ..the box dropped and was opened and the loot spilled out...heaps of it...the loot names filled the screen up !! then 0.5 nano seconds later...clear dungeon floor ?? 6 people cannot clear loot this fast...no way!! please any gm or dev go to any of the more popular shards and monitor the end of the stranger fight and see if there is a active script looting going on and if so ban em!!

finally someone else is noticing and speaking up.

how can you say stealthers, when the posion would reviel you ?

i too am very frustrated with this part of the event. guess i don't deserve a box that badly :(

L

Lord Kynd

that dumb box as you put it , have you tried to buy one ? last i looked 10 mil. :(
try to earn one , ha, good luck

but if your on atlantic feel free to drop me one of you extra's , just want one for collecting sake.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is of course why the instanced corpses were added in the first place.
And the problem with instanced corpses is that if you're not within a certain percentage threshold, you don't get loot. It's not just a hit and loot system.

They have lousy implementations across the board, plain and simple.

M

Mankind

This is to all of the tards that chime in with "cntrl/shift" I can out loot anyone, blah blah blah. Tell you what, I'll break down and download the notorious 3rd party app. I'll come to your home shard. You get one of your buddies to drop any item of their choice, just show me what it is before. And I'll bet my entire bank box and every item in my house I own, that I"ll pick that item up before you will, and I'll do it every time. Reason being, the 3rd party app will begin trying to pick up that item, way before it's ever visible. So please, enough with the "I can out perform a script with my catlike reflexes", it's just plain stupid when you claim that.

Cerwin Vega

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't play this game for items, rares or some more junk to store. I play it because I enjoy it. I don't care if I dont get a box. I got two by accident and I gave both of them away. One person was really sick and couldnt log on for the strangers so I gave one to her and another one to a friend that just started.
What I do have a problem with is: Fighting the strangers, dying 5 times, while someone does not do one hit point to that stranger. Sends a gate to have his friends come in so they can scoop up the loot they did not earn. If you call that whining. Then I am the biggest whiner in UO.
And I am sure that is the same way many other people feel. They are just frustrated at the system.
It does suck when you do all the work and someone comes in and takes the reward but thats just life, as long as we live in this world their will always be people that are greedy and dont care about others. Playing behind a char on a internet game lets people really show what they are like without dirtying their real name. No Dev or Gm or anyone short of God will ever be able to change this.

D

Devil's Advicate

Oh My Gooses

I can't beleive that there are people running chars with skills like hiding and stealth and Gooses forbid Stealing.....

Why in the name of Britian would people feel that they could actually use those skill in an event........

You mean to tell me chars are not doing their fair share to kill these beasties......

Some one grab the pitch forks...

Or Maybe some Stones....

Becarefull of those glass houses and high pedistals

Vesta

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well said! :thumbup:

S

Sunrise

Oh My Gooses

I can't beleive that there are people running chars with skills like hiding and stealth and Gooses forbid Stealing.....

Why in the name of Britian would people feel that they could actually use those skill in an event........

You mean to tell me chars are not doing their fair share to kill these beasties......

Or Maybe some Stones....

Well said. True Old UO. :party:

M

Mankind

Oh My Gooses

Or Maybe some Stones....

Becarefull of those glass houses and high pedistals
Was the correct spelling of your Username taken?

D

Devil's Advicate

Why Yes Mankind it was.....

But "I" like "i", over OooOOoooOOOoo's

A

AesSedai

- referring to the title subject:

What if that was a part of it all along?
They know about cheating and most types that exist...

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i suspect steathers, not scripts for this problem.
Stealthers normally get set on fire, die and are poisoned just like everyone else, hard to miss that. :stretcher: I can verify this because I have a stealth character I use at these "battles" sometimes. Then again I'm not greedy, I like to rez people and make new friends. Being stealth allows me to do that. The loot is secondary, I have ONE ruby out of 6 strangers, that's it, no loot, just a small ruby although I would like to have some resources to be honest. Greed makes me sick to my stomach so I just let the greedy ones be themselves and heal or rez people. I guess I'm different I like to see others happy.

Good news though is, I haven't seen the loot being gathered very quickly on my server, sorry yours isn't fairing well though. :(

It's either a program, ctrl/alt or a lot of people are very talented with a mouse perhaps one or more of the above. :gee:

Plucky Duck

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
couldnt they just apply whatever coding they used to stop axript looting at idocs to make those mechanics apply to aspects of looting on anything?

If they did can they tell us they did to shut up thp?

S

Sneaky

I have said it before... I will say it again...

The problem with this event is not the loot drop system for it, not scripters and not peoples reflexes! Its because this bloody event is in Trammel and not Fel.

See in Fel if someone stole your loot you wouldnt be stuck there having a cry about it feeling 100% helpless waiting for a GM that aint never going to show up! Oh and scripters in Fel are FUN to kill! Everyone loves killing a scripter ;)

Player justice = the only justice that works in UO.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want the devs or a gm to catch people using the 3rd party program red handed...hey ive done well over 25 strangers..ive got a box and ive got some gems...im just sick and tired of taking around 1 hour to killl him for then the nice loot to be insta- script looted....

......and please lets pretend its not happeneing....

B

butthead owns

we have same issue on lakesuperior and same dudes get the box everyday and the lag hits and i run 8 mg con which i see items flow to peps so i see only one guild getting asll the loot and i question them on it said no script i was like bs u scripting and each stranger he has the box and now is giving them away why would u give it away less u were scriptng and knew u would get the next and the next and the next 5 times same dude comon i paged a gm and they dont even send replys now lakesupior need some real gms i swear or just kill the whole game

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I just want the devs or a gm to catch people using the 3rd party program red handed...hey ive done well over 25 strangers..ive got a box and ive got some gems...im just sick and tired of taking around 1 hour to killl him for then the nice loot to be insta- script looted....

......and please lets pretend its not happeneing....
I am pretty damn fast when it comes to looting and one problem that i have is that i always get the message "you must wait to perform another action" and the item i was just about to loot falls back where it was. Perhaps they have found a way around this.