• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A better way of dynamic pricing on store items.

G

The sale of items from stores would be the biggest money drain that EA hopes to have in our game.
Because of the imports that drain has been severely effected. The majority of items sold through stores at the moment do not represent any drain on the economy.
This had at the very least added to the low payouts and high catalogue prices we are experiencing at the moment.
I fear if things stay the way they are it will take months for the economy to rectify itself.
I think a change needs to be made to the method used for dynamic pricing on store items.

Instead of a dynamic price on the catalogue items they should have a dynamic tax on the sale price.
Right now this would solve several problems, including the none drain issue on the imports.

If a dynamic sales tax was applied to the sale of items from stores it would apply to the imports as well.
This would not only bring the drain back and help lower the time the economy will take to repair, it will also lower the catalogue price for stores to be able to re-stock.
The catalogue price would not include the sales tax, so items purchased from EA to stock their floors would become much cheaper.

I think the devs are either stuck for ideas on the economy or do not realize the effect it is having on the game. Or at least do not realize how long it will take to rectify the economy with it's present format.
Using a dynamic sales tax on the sale of items I am sure is a far better way to go. Not only to correct the problems we are having now, but for the future as well.

I

imported_remflyer

This makes sense. Taxes as much as I hate them would be a better alternative than what we have now. It would allow EA to start draining simoleans from all the goods that were bought over from the old cities. I too would like to see the catalog prices get back toward something normal.

G

makes perfect sense to me! i'm always a fan of taxes since they regulate stuff easily, since they are a market-based mechanism.

G

Have you thought about posting this on the wiki? I think you should

Polly

I

imported_fajjaa

The best drain the dev team could open in the game is allowing us to afford to build. LOL...this morning I was going to build a fence for some CC animals I bought. MY GOSH, luckily, out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of the price show up as I grabbed the first fence post. Needless to say, I only bought one fence post. Dang, $1000 for one fence post. $770 for square pile of rocks. Some of the large pillars on page 2... 4,5 and 6,000 a pillar.

You arent going to get much tax money with prices like that. The store prices also have to be adjusted soon. New people to this game that are making less then the max of $52 per sale are going to say "forget this". Good thing most of them are not roomies and cant see the prices of some of this stuff.

It has completely put my building to a stop after the price of one fence post.