• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

_

G

Just to clear things up for me and anyone else that were not there at the start of UO. A SERVER RARE = was able to be picked up in the first few days of UO yes?? or even the first day??- we are talking items that was forgotton to be locked down by the devs, yes on the games release??? OR is it something slightly different... oh and is there a full list of server rares?? anywere??

M

mdacc#one

ok, this is going to be somewhat educational for many young collectors. Here it goes.

1. When new servers opened up for the first day, there were random items not locked down in time by the GMs and you can just literally pick it up. It was a race between the players to pick them up and the GMs locking them down.

2. There were some return home rares that each time you picked it up, few days later it spawns again and are able to be picked up again. The latest example would be the opening of the Kaldhun Dungeons with L-shaped rocks and magic doors. However, some of the older return home rares if you cross a specific server line with it, the item is stuck there and just falls on the ground or simply disappears when you cross a server line.

3. There are many items that were abudant for a period of time but discontinued and people called them rares. Bloody bandages, furs, and other similar types of items.

4. There are items that during certain events by GMs, Seers, and EMs that they forgot to lock down and players looted them and people are now calling them rares.

G

Thanks for the historical review, but does anyone actually have a price on what these are worth and what the desirability is?

I don't really care about where or how it's from as much as I care about how much it's worth and who would want it.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> I guess you need to find a wealthy sailor, Xel Naga </font>

G

Sure looks that way. Although I don't quite have one yet, just being offered one so I'd like to know the value of it before I accept or decline.

G

I'm sure I'll get jumped on for saying this, but I think that pullies were a lil bit duped last year. At least I seem to recall some dupers castle falling with two pullies in them, and other instances of pullies being more prevalant than they were a few years ago.

I'm really just trying to convey that this is a really neat item but is most likely not going to be very rare like the items that have managed to escape dupage in recent years, dunno if that would affect your perception of it or not.

I don't know if I would buy something like this or not. It's not one of the rares you would see on the hanging blood/music stand/large vase vendors, so maybe I'd go ahead and bid and get outbid for it. Assuming its been duped a few times, I'd go 80-100 mill. If my info is way off base then 150-200 I suppose.

G

Ah I see. Good to know that at least.

Thanks sarsmi.

It was offered to me in trade for some of my items so I wasn't sure if I would be or wouldn't be taking it yet. This pushes me towards to the passing on the offer. Ty for your input.

Anyone else have some info on if it was duped and or a price guestimate on it? I usually never deal in server births so this is not my field AT ALL I usually like the shiney event items with mods.

I

imported_TramMoonWalker

yeah and in another post GodivaDF posted full image of the dupers castle on Drachenfels like a year ago or so. the thread was locked though, we can see at least one pulley at that moment.
btw i saw yet another pulley (or it might be yours i dont know) selling at Hemi's for like 65mil. guess someone here saw it as well. it was lil earier than Godiva's post i think. no idea how much in todays price.

G

Godiva_DF

you have a better memory than i have, but i found the pic was still on my webspace.

http://www.godiva-online.de/images/castle.jpg

yes you are right it was one of the items in the castle. Months later another castle decayed also from a banned duper and that was the one I was asking a pricecheck on for my friend who was lucky enough to grab it at the idoc.

so yes I guess they have been duped.