• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

9th Trade Caravan - Wednesday 7 at 7:30 PM UK TIME *REPORT DONE*

P

Paidric

Hello fellow Britannians,

As announced at the end of the past week, the HLP guild will be running a new trade caravan.
This is 2009 first trade caravan! So don't miss it!
This time we will be on the road to Britain from Trinsic.

I hope to see you there!

Here is the planned route :

Everyone is welcome to join us and help us defend our prized possessions in the dangerous trip.
The caravan will depart on wednesday, enlist yourself!

We count on you!

Paidric of New Haven.

--------------------------------

This event is intended for all players who want to experience some PvP in a fun and different way. We encourage every player to join us.
Bring your blessed armor and weapons if you fear the insurance cost! Or just buy some GM made armor/weapons.

You can find all details about the concept of the event here :
Trade Caravan Concept Page

Schedule and organisation
  • The Caravan will depart on Wednesday 7 of January at 7:30PM UK Time (20:30PM CET - 2:30PM EST).
  • The meeting point is the Trinsic West gate (inside town).
  • Gates will be provided from Luna Hall from 7:20PM until 7:50PM (the caravan will be on the road already).
  • Nine people will be carrying items for the Caravan, those will be engraved verite Long Swords carried inside the main backpack of the caravanees.
  • The goal of the guards is to reach our destination with as much of those items as possible.
  • The Caravan will be led by N'athuk of [HLP] (though we expect him to die quite a few times being in front). There will be other caravan leaders to help keep some structure.

Remarks
  • Please try to follow the leaders instructions as to when to advance/stop so we can keep some structure.
  • Please stay grouped and follow your closest leader (we are in bright orange). This is in your interest aswell, it's harder for bandits to kill and loot you inside a larger group.
  • We encourage everyone to show some fairplay and avoid ress-killing, looting, griefing, etc. The goal of this event is to bring more people to friendly PvP. If you like action, promote the event rather than ruin it!

And remember, we need to show the reds we don't fear them! :gee:

We hope to see many of you.

Paidric

---------------------------------------

>>> EVENT REPORT <<<

(Videos included!)

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thought this was gonna be on Friday? Doubt myself or Vesper can make it now as we have other things planned. Will see :(

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Esca - I thought the Nests was thursday night? Or am I missing something - ie Wednesday is Vesper thing?

Fluffi

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paidric,

A small request, if I may:

I realise that it's too late to change this caravan, but could you please arrange some in the future on a Friday or Saturday evening - to accommodate those of us who have to work late during the week.

Thanks in advance.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tis always gonna be a problem for us shift workers ...kk like me too..alas i finish work like bang on the start time of this event..so give take a a little travel time home home....im gonna try my hardest to be there....hey i love paidric and his guild for running these events and ''hell'' wont stop me rushing home to join in the fun¬!!!!

P

Paidric

Well, most guilds have their events in the weekend since the week not all players can attend or people are just playing that other game... "real life" or something, so my event is most a filler for the week. We can try the 10th trade caravan on a weekend though and see how it goes!

I changed from friday to wednesday because I can't attend the event on friday... which would kinda make it a problem :D

We'll see who can attend, thanks to those who come, sorry to those who can't!

As I said, I need to put events on evenings I'm sure I can attend them, which becomes pretty rare lately.

About the time of the event, I'm pretty sure nobody will be there before 8PM UK time, which is why I say 7:30 :)
Plus we often have a hard start when trying to leave Trinsic so the latecomers might find us still there :)

Escaflowne, I see you have trainings on wednesday, the Caravan is a good training no? :D

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes the Caravan is good training don't get me wrong :), but some people do not like going to fel and i do not want to ruin what was meant to be training for them. And 7:30pm is a little early for some Vesparians. Will see what happens.

P

Paidric

Thanks to everyone for coming to the Caravan!

It was very fun and I hope to see you all on the number 10!

This time I tried recording the event. It made me lag a lot but I hope it will allow me to show you some good clips!

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks to everyone for coming to the Caravan!

It was very fun and I hope to see you all on the number 10!

This time I tried recording the event. It made me lag a lot but I hope it will allow me to show you some good clips!

Yeah it was good clean fun. Nice one! See you at Nuber 10 :gee::gee:

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello!
This was my first caravan and was nice to do somthing a little diffrent.
I even managed to get a sword :p which i thought was a little bit easy to get but i suppose everyone else was fighting and didnt take much notice of me, heh.
I did loot a cursed AoF and a ToK arti (tessen) of a guy i killed (Ace Ventura)which i would like to return, so if anyone knows of him plz PM me and i would love to give them bck.
I only looted them to keep them safe.......honest, heh

P

Paidric

@ Myphsar

I'm glad you enjoyed it!
I hope it will encourage others to experience it :)

So, I checked the recording I made. The raw movie is 2,3Gb. I'll see how it does when processed into a flv, but I guess it should remain around 350Mb. So no chance I post the whole thing.
But I've watched it and there are some nice parts in it since I was somewhat in the middle of the action.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Was a lot of fun - well, chaotic fun.

Problem really was I had no idea who was on our team and who was on the attacking team which meant one of my deaths was caused by me standing with the attackers until that moment when we all realised we were enemies and I got moshed!

I would suggest all goodies wear white/grey clothing [those grey robes seem cheap!] so we can attack anything NOT wearing our team colours.

Also how the heck can you target something in UO2d? Do I really have to target them wiht the cursor? Cant I find a way to tab to the target or something? I am sure there used to be an easier way to find the target.

All in all damn good fun event. Thanks to the organisers! ANd the pks!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi, this was good fun i missed the start then was killed straight away so ran to get some cheap lrc to res people and when returning had a few nice chats with some red people, loved the banter. Some red did however kill and loot me while i was speaking with some of the other reds which detracted slightly from the experence, overall though totally good fun, me own fault really for braking the cardinal rule when going to fel...dont take anything you dont wish to lose:hahaha:

P

Paidric

Sorry for your loss, but thanks for coming nonetheless!

If you need something, come and ask me in New Haven.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks Paidric for hosting the 9th Caravan!

I had a lot of fun. :D

If it weren´t for the res-killing and dry looting made by the [Pwn.] guild it would´ve been flawless. But then again, I´m not sure if they knew about the caravan or they just saw a bunch of people and wanted to join in on the action so no biggie...

Was my first time with a faction guy so that was interesting. The statloss didn´t bother me although I fizzled quite a bit when trying to heal with my bandages. :p
But the fact that so many were orange to me made it difficult to see who were red and who were blue so will prolly take a non-faction guy for the next adventure to make it easier on me. :)

Here´s a grey pic for you all to enjoy:

See you guys on the next one! :)

PJay

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a writeup or screenies and this video available would love to see what fun you guys got up to!

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My apologies for not making it - real life got in the way again :( I'll try for the next one, and, hopefully, get there.

P

Paidric

Tonight... hopefully... I'll post pictures and videos of the events.
There aren't tons of picture because recording the event made me lag a lot, but there are some anyway :)

I've been too busy working since the caravan to post anything yet, but stay tuned :)

P

Paidric

You can access the report on the link below or in the initial post.
Sorry for not posting it here but it is a lot of work, not counting the videos..

Event Report!

P

Paidric

Anyone know where I can upload a 35 mins video?
youtube doesn't allow more than 10 mins anymore... grrr.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for the pics Paidric!

About the video, can´t you cut it up into 4 pieces and then post it on youtube?

P

Paidric

This would be against my lazyness rules but I'll do that tomorrow :)

G

Gandie

Aye was great fun! And im in the videos.... FAME! :D

But Pwn. got me and kamelbarn in the end as we were pretty outnumbered hehe :D