• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

961 Gozas later...

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what, you're stopping at just one floor of gozas!? Come on now, you've got all those lockdowns, I want to see a 5 storey castle of gozas, then cover each goza with grass and snow tiles from the xmas bags!

On a more serious note, is there a quick way to do what you have done, or do you literally have to raise every goza 16 times?! Someone hinted that ladders used to make it easier, but I've never seen a detailed description on building extra floors out of gozas.

Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used a castle ladder for the areas which it would allow me to, step on ladder and place a goza on yourself, the more difficult areas I used 2 small tables, long stack of artifact books, and two spread out artifact books and for the tiles that wouldn't allow me to do that, such as the rims I had to raise them up individually :) Took along time but now that I have the outline of the 31x31 It will be far easier to make further stories! Challenge accepted!

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow, impressive! Congratulations...
Could you go outside and take a pic? I'd like to know what is seen from outside....

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Who says we can't have our own customize-able castle? :)
The only issue I see is how did you fill in the courtyard area? I will have to assume optical illusion because when I did this a couple years ago you could not place in the place above the courtyard

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only issue I see is how did you fill in the courtyard area? I will have to assume optical illusion because when I did this a couple years ago you could not place in the place above the courtyard
Until recently you couldn't lock down anything in the courtyard. With that change, wouldn't it open up the ability to place gozas over the whole area?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
good grief, I hope you are horribly fond of the color, Buns.... ;)

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Congrats man.. I have been trying to buy a castle for awhile now so that I can play with gozas and do a crazy deco with them also..
The search for someone selling a castle is ruff cant find any on catskills for sale..
But when I do you wanna be hired to help raise some gozas? :D

Awesome job, can't wait to see how you deco it now. Keep us posted!

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I did the same for my Tram Ice Island castle... I will have to post pics if/when I actually get it decorated. :)

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you able to walk across every goza?
I just bought a castle and i am trying to do this. My 1st attempt somehow got messed up and i wasnt able to walk on certain spots

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you able to walk across every goza?
I just bought a castle and i am trying to do this. My 1st attempt somehow got messed up and i wasnt able to walk on certain spots
Off topic, but how did you just buy a castle? I thought you just transferred to Catskills - I've been here 15+ years and still don't have a castle! Grrr...I mean congrats :p

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope I didn't just transfer to Catskills.. Catskills has been my main shard since I started in 1998. I took along break about 7 yrs and came back to UO about 2 yrs ago. Other then atl here and there I have played exclusively on Catskills. After I bought my Luna house about a yr ago, a castle was #1 on the wish list. I've had the gold for awhile to buy one just haven't been any tram ones for sale really. its just been fel ones. Giggles ended up getting a castle last night and then sold it to me this morning.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I need help with this! I don't know what i am doing wrong. I am trying to do this but some areas for some reason I cant walk on.. Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well never raised gozas on a castle before, but the principal should be the same as an 18x18. I guess the first question is, are all the gozas the same height, and if so, what is that height? where exactly on the graphic can't you walk? Does it correspond to the little crenalations (I think that's the word) of the main part of the castle? Or are they just random gozas here and there? Do you have decorations underneath that might be higher? Some decorations seem to have a much higher z-axis than others (or whatever axis height is.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya the heights were off. I ended up taking it down(had it like half way done) and in the process of redoing it..
I am stuck with one part tho and cant get it down.
its not lining up for some reason

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, what Irulia said ^^^^... How high is each goza?

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
each pc is the same height. The center piece were the castle is i cant get gozas over by the steps area... If anyone who has done this could come on catskills and help me with this one section I would greatly appreciate it and if need be will pay gold for you time and service

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have alot of my projects done. I still have several rooms to deco and all of the filler deco. I figure it might take a year to complete.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you add another floor on top of the 1st floor of gozas? it doesnt allow me to place a 2nd goza ontop of another goza.. Is there a trick to this?

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very creative Regnar. That tree that's poking through the front walkway...is that part of the actual terrain or a rubble piece? Either way I love it.

Irulia Darkaith

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That tree did not bother me till you said something. I covered it and reposted.
Are you kidding me? I love the tree in your courtyard! Cover it up?! That's like having an ocean view penthouse and putting up curtains. Well that's just my opinion I guess. I would kill to have a big tree like that running through my house...then again it's an elf house ;)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you kidding me? I love the tree in your courtyard! Cover it up?! That's like having an ocean view penthouse and putting up curtains. Well that's just my opinion I guess. I would kill to have a big tree like that running through my house...then again it's an elf house ;)
What she said: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Regnarhannavasym

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I didnt cover it up in the court yard, only where it was oddly sticking threw the walkway. Wouldnt dare cover the tree, it is no doubt the coolest part of the whole place.