• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

95.5 Taming Real Skill. What to use?

WarderDragon

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am wondering, what pets can I begin taking into combat at this level?

My character is a Mage/Tamer (95.5 Taming and GM Lore), so my jewels are oriented towards enhancing my magery abilities (although I have several +15 taming jewels should I need them). Any thoughts, or am I stuck until I hit GM?

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lets see a bake has 100 control dragon about 93% rune beatle about the same mare is about 85 control
these should get you started

G

Goodoljoe

Without using any skill jewels you could control a rune beetle and a bake often enough and its a great combo that deals lots of damage.You can probably use a mare too ,try diferent combinations.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My general ballpark guestimate when it comes to what I can control is to say roughly 5.0 skill above the min taming requirement. I tend to double check with the control calculator as my younger tamers move up the ranks, but that's how I look at it :D

I'd suggest 2 kitsune and a runey can match up with them too. My youngest tamers still favour 2 kits and a frenzy or ethy mount. Kits are such a fun and useful pet, and extremely versatile. Mares I'd wait till GM taming, as you're close to the min taming requirement of 95.1. Check with the control calculator, but I wouldn't go out with less than 90% control. Pets can be fickle with control at the best of times, so you can guarantee that failure % hits when you least need it!

Wenchy