• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tactics] 90 Skill + 10 Item-Skill = 100 Skill?

Hello Warriors,

i´m planing some updates for my old Sampire.

With the new Cleaning-Talisman viable, there is maybee a stupid Question.. but.. I have to ask.

Is Tac 90 Skill + 10 from Item-Skill(Talisman) equal to 100 pure Skill ? Or is there some difference in the Background Calculation stuff?

Greetings

Golem

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
if you are planing to use the mastery (onslaught!) then you need real skill to get the most out of it.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I was curious the numbers on Onslaught and did some testing. You will debuff a % of resist based on the total of your Tactics/Weapon skills combined. Here are the ranges I found in testing:

Under 200: -4% Debuff
200 - 205: -8% Debuff
210 - 215: -12% Debuff
220 - 235: -16% Debuff
240: -20% Debuff

I tested with various combinations of low Swords, high Tactics and high Tactics, low Swords, and it doesn't appear to matter which skill is higher, just the combined skill points.

So if you have 100 natural weapon skill and 90 natural tactics, you will debuff for only 4% with Onslaught. It's definitely worth raising natural tactics if you plan to use Onslaught. You will still get the other effects of skilling up Tactics with jewelry, just not with Onslaught.

Also if you notice, the only way to get the full debuff effect is to have 120 natural in both Weapon and Tactics. So if you can't afford to get 120/120, your next best bet would be 120/100, 115/105, 110/110, etc. to try and hit 220 natural. This will give you almost the best debuff (16%) with Onslaught, and still allow you to easily jewel up your skills to modified 120 for the other bonuses.

It's worth noting that these debuff %'s are halved against players (so 2% to 10% in PvP).