• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

80 Wilted plants on First Day

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so I need some major help! I started 60 plants locked down in my house, they are doing just great! I started each one with 1 greater strength potion. Well yesterday I started another 80 plants, this time in my backpack. I started each of these with both a greater strength potion and a greater cure potion as was recomended to do by a guildmate. Well I logged in this morning and tended all the locked down plants, and they are doing just fine. I then moved on to the 80 in my pack... and each one had the little yellow minus sign in the upper right corner (2D) meaning that it has not yet been 244 hours. So I logged out, and just logged in again to check now that it has been 24 hours since I planted them... and EVERY SINGLE ONE is in wilted status, about half needed water which is fine, and nearly every one needed 2 greater strength potions... but even the ones that needed no tending at all are in wilted status.
What did I do/am I doing wrong with the ones in my pack. Why are they ALL wilted after the fist day?

C

Calla Lily

I started each of these with both a greater strength potion and a greater cure potion as was recomended to do by a guildmate.
Not greater cure, it should have been greater heal.

When I start plants, I do so with one greater strength and one greater heal, and as time goes on, if I have to add a greater poison or greater cure, I also add a greater heal and greater strength at that time. I've never had a problem with this system, and I've been growing plants since they first came out.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the reply... So should I add a Greater Heal now? Or just tend as needed and hope they get better?

C

Calla Lily

I'd add 2 greater heals and 2 greater strengths to get them back to healthy.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I started each of these with both a greater strength potion and a greater cure potion as was recomended to do by a guildmate.
Not greater cure, it should have been greater heal.

When I start plants, I do so with one greater strength and one greater heal, and as time goes on, if I have to add a greater poison or greater cure, I also add a greater heal and greater strength at that time. I've never had a problem with this system, and I've been growing plants since they first came out.
*Shake head*

No need for this, don't add any potions when you start the plants, it's waste of potions.

If the plant need one cure or one poison, add it. If health is fine, no need to add strengt or heal potion.

If it both need cure and poison, add a strengt too, maybe 2 and a heal if health is not good.

As long you do not add to much water, poison or cure, you will be fine. If you are clumsy and add to much of water, poison or cure, add 2 heal and 2 strengt potions to help the plant survive, same if health drop to wilted or worse.

D

DHMagicMan_1

For a plant in "Healthy" Status... I give 1 Greater Heal and 1 Greater Strength plust whatever is needed (water, poison or cure)...

For a plant in "Wilted" or "Dying" I give 2x Greater Heal and 2x Greater Strength plus whatever is needed.

The only time I would start new plants with Strength and/or Heal (or give them to Vibrant) is if the plants are in Firtile Dirt... this is to increase chances to double growth.

For normal plants in normal dirt, you almost never need to use Heal or Strength potions unless you accidently gave something incorrectly the day before like an extra poison or cure that wasn't needed or too much water.

Endrik

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks so much for all your help and advice... all 80 plants are now back up to vibrant.

S

Stucky

I agree with DHMagicMan_1, except I never give 2 strength potions ever. I've never seen it to anything more than one strength does.

P

Phaheela

Im convinced there is something buggy wrong with plants at the moment, I'm having a hell of a lot of plants going from vibrant to wilted/dieing over the stage of 1 server reset even though the plants are watered/tended daily. Lost over 80 plants this week alone for no reason.

F

Flora Green

Im convinced there is something buggy wrong with plants at the moment, I'm having a hell of a lot of plants going from vibrant to wilted/dieing over the stage of 1 server reset even though the plants are watered/tended daily. Lost over 80 plants this week alone for no reason.
I've been having this problem multiple times per month since August. Also, no matter how much I tend them, and with the appropriate potions/amount, they stay wilted for days. Currently I have 2 that have been wilted for 8 days. If one wasn't white, I would toss it.

S

Stucky

I've started checking them twice a day. I grow too many to lose half a crop over a few extra potions. I find ones that I watered several hours ago needing water/pots once again.

My theory is that whatever cycles in the programming 'the need for potions/water' is doing it faster than the 24 hour clock without updating the 'day' of the plant. So if you tend your plants at midnight, It could need more water by 8am but it won't have aged a day. If this happens and you don't tend to your plant until midnight again it will have needed watering at the 24 hour cycle and therefore wilt your plant.

Hope this helps.

P

Phaheela

I've started doing mine twice a day to, with over 400 growing & orders on the go, i cant afford to loose any more. Had another 23 go from Vibrant to wilted over 24hrs despite being tended prior to server refresh. Id starting to be a right pain.

S

soulstoner

Darn - That sounds right fretful -- I have a steady crop of about 50 at a time and tend em basically around the same time everyday --- though here and there I'm off by maybe a half day from regular time -- and haven't had any issue as you guys are having ... maybe the humidity on Atlantic isn't as bad as where y'all are located.................. hummmmmmmmmmm

Although; I do recall there were a few times where the gump was calling for the bottom 2 tend needs (strength &/or heal) which was odd as those generally don't flair up during standard vibrant daily cycles.

I did mess up one day on friends little plot I was tending for a couple days while they were away ... I missed a day and couple went wilted ... 2 gr str & 2 gr heal the first wilted day along with the rest of the needs and they were back to vibrant the next day.

Rotgut Willy

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah I'm in the same boat as soulstoner. Everything's been going well so far. I have close to 100 growing both on my roof and in my pack. A few wilted because I missed them while tending, but a few pots and a day later, they were healthy again.

F

Flora Green

The white campion finally pulled out of the wilted stage. Haven't checked any others today.

S

Sharantyr

Might have had a load of these myself. Just woke up 1 hour before server maintenance and remembered I hadn't tended my plants....200+. Got them done though now :)