• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

75 cent hike in gas tomorrow morning Grrr

• Thread starter Good_Ole_Lefty
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Just learned from a reliable resource (my wife) that gasoline in my area will go over 4 dollars a gallon. It has been steady at 3.25 for 4 days which was last week at 2.85.

I'm pretty much fed up with these companies jacking the prices. Over the past 8 years I have been keeping mental notes of the gas pricing strategies in example 2 steps up, one step down, 2 steps up etc.

No matter what these companies say. There is no real shortage on oil. They regulate the flow of production and price. For example, about 5 years ago there was a tremendous drop in gas prices which many Opec and other organization were ticked off about. The reason for the drop was because Russia could not shut down their pumping facilities over the siberian winter. Shutting down the pumps during that time would of course ruin all the pumping engines. Prices did not rise again until the following spring.

As an individual I have concluded to search for an alternative for transportation. The cost in commuting to work alone justifies my reason to get a EV. Furthermore I am boycotting purchasing any other goods from filling stations, quick shops to the best of my ability. Ya, it won't deal out any impact to these companies, but I'll save money by shopping elsewhere.

G

Good_Ole_Lefty

Just learned from a reliable resource (my wife) that gasoline in my area will go over 4 dollars a gallon. It has been steady at 3.25 for 4 days which was last week at 2.85.

I'm pretty much fed up with these companies jacking the prices. Over the past 8 years I have been keeping mental notes of the gas pricing strategies in example 2 steps up, one step down, 2 steps up etc.

No matter what these companies say. There is no real shortage on oil. They regulate the flow of production and price. For example, about 5 years ago there was a tremendous drop in gas prices which many Opec and other organization were ticked off about. The reason for the drop was because Russia could not shut down their pumping facilities over the siberian winter. Shutting down the pumps during that time would of course ruin all the pumping engines. Prices did not rise again until the following spring.

As an individual I have concluded to search for an alternative for transportation. The cost in commuting to work alone justifies my reason to get a EV. Furthermore I am boycotting purchasing any other goods from filling stations, quick shops to the best of my ability. Ya, it won't deal out any impact to these companies, but I'll save money by shopping elsewhere.

E

eolsunder1

Well the high price for gas is 100% greed, not the oil companies. There are many hands in the pocket who want their big cut, and everyone adds up to very very high prices.

First, the price of barrel of oil. Currently its rising like 1 dollar a day! up to what, 115 a barrel? 120? And its not even near peak of busy summer season, its going to easily hit 150 this summer.

2nd, you have the oil companies who make a good profit. Because they don't have enough refineries they can only refine a set amount, so that keeps demand very high. All you have to do is see the record profits each year from Exxon, and see how much "bonus's" they pay their CEO's, and you get a inkling of how much money they are just hogging up.

Lastly which many people forget about, is the government TAXES on the oil and gas. This is a huge amount also. Of course you don't hear about this much because the government doesn't want you thinking about it. Gas goes up, record prices, but do you hear of the government cutting down its gas tax any to help out? NOooooo. Blame it all on the oil companies.

Basic gas breakdown chart.. based on california refinery/cost studies.

Gallon of gas price at the pump $3.85

Crude oil prices 2.80
tax .65
refinery .28
promotions/other .11

now, taking for granted that crude oil prices include the general pricing by oil companie because they usually are the ones who drill, transport, etc. Its hard to tell what the REAL crude oil price comes out too, and what is profit. That is included in the 2.80.

So you have the oil companies taking their cut, and the government taking their cut. These prices are NOT based on the actual cost of drilling the oil, the market cost is the cost which supply/demand can charge, based on wallstreet. Operating costs im sure go up year to year, but they don't go up 100% that fast. The demand drives up gas costs, not the cost of drilling. Before it might actually cost you 1 dollar to get a gallon, and you charge 2.20. Then it might cost you 1.25 to get a gallon, but you charge 3.50.

Its going to get real bad this summer, the oil companies have developed a full head of greedy steam over the past few years with record profits and no one in the government even making the slightest move to curb them, so this summer its going to hit everyone full steam. It isn't even summer season yet and prices are skyrocketing over 3.50 a regular gallon. By midsummer peak, i predict 4.50-5 a gallon for REGULAR!