• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

705 Cap Sampire

ViscidSix

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi All,

Once again i come to you with a question.

With a cap of 705 how should i distribute my points on a sampire?

Also what is the info on healing vs parry and should i choose one over the other with a skill cap so low?

Because i have only recently come back to Ultima i do not have the equipment to fill out the template so i really want to know real value how i should have it.

THANKS!

Viscidsix

Zalan

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`m going to suggest taking a look at the FAQ All Skills. First post has links to info that will give you the building blocks for your sampire. Its all Pretty much personal choice. I`d recomend starting with:

110 Weapon
110 Bushido
99 Necro
100 Tac
100 Ana
70 Chiv

Thats 589 Skill points leaving you with 116 to play with. So you have to figure out what you want for a last skill. Or tweak it to the way you like it. Are you a caster type/melee? are you straight up melee?

Alot of players have gone away from having parry & rely on armored covered swamp dragons, & using the feint special against heavy hitters, & HLD, & HLA.

There are so many different ways to play a sampire skill wise. Its hard to give suggestions without knowing how you play.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
You can effectively play a sampire with a 705 cap. You still need to focus on the same critical items such as the weapon skill, equipping an effective suit, using a barded swamp dragon, and employing the right weapon (SSI/DI/HML/HSL). I still recommend (and employ) the traditional sampire template. With 705 skills, this is what I would adjust that template to:

120 Weapon
120 Bushido
100 Parry (instead of 120)
100 Tactics
100 Anatomy
99 Necromancy
66 Chivalry (instead of 61)

You could trade the 100 parry for 100 healing, 100 spirit speak, or 100 resisting spells depending on your exact needs.

If you are just re-starting, I recommend your first major purchase should be a 120 Macing scroll. Macing because it is a cheap scroll (250K to 1M gold depending on the shard) and getting 120 weapon skill is most critical. Whether you live or die as a sampire depends first and foremost on weapon skill. Weapon skill determines if you hit your opponent (leeching life) or get hit (loosing hit points).

-OBSIDIAN-

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Original suggestion - I'd suggest going 85 healing. If you want you can have a ring imbued (+15) to give you 100 effective healing. I imagine most people would do it for free if you provide materials. Go to T2A desert and loot the ophidian mages people kill. Grab the gold and any crystalline blackrock they don't collect (which is actually quite a bit). You'll need 10 crystalline blackrock.

Edit - after reading Obsidian's post I agree with his skill suggestions. I still stand by my suggestion that you go loot the kills ppl ignore in the desert though.