• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Bowcraft/Fletching] 70% Hit lower defense bows asking how

Nash

Sage
wondering how to reforge a 70% hit lower defense bow ive checked a lot of posts and cant seem to find the answer maybe i overlooked something if so sorry

gwen

Slightly Crazed

Ash runic kit, not powerfull, Vampire.
Hard to make 70%
Dunno what is your purpose, but HLD lasts several seconds, usually 50 should be enough. If not - put on reading glasses, then take them off when you started hitting. For me just glasses or 40% on weapon is enough.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
HLD at 70% is not a total reduction of defence, the 70% is a reference to the chance of producing the desired result. The amount of reduced dci is something different, I think it lowers the opposite by 15 points but not 70%.

There are a few older threads which talked about this somewhere on stratics.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
HLD at 70% is not a total reduction of defence, the 70% is a reference to the chance of producing the desired result. The amount of reduced dci is something different, I think it lowers the opposite by 15 points but not 70%.

There are a few older threads which talked about this somewhere on stratics.
Yes, sure. This is chance it will trigger, not intensity. But iif you swing at 1, 25 speed or close to it, it lasts several swings. And 70% takes lots of imbuing capacity. So I better save those points if possible to imbue something else. And save runic tools too :)) Do it when you plan to have fatigue and mana drain on weapon. This way occasional high HLD will be a nice bonus.

Last edited:
Reactions: dvv

Nash

Sage
yes so the reading glasses dont stack with weapons its two different rolls to proc the same thing and its for a comp bow running shot pvp thing the higher chance i have to lower their defense the better and hit spells on those bows rubber band you when running make you lag/glitch a step or two so i only put velocity and swing on them

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Got room for HLA? That, in addition, to the hld did make for a good combination if I remember.