• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

70 fire resist on tamed Cu. Enough?

gregor

Visitor
Bronze colored Cu I tamed last night. 94% intensity so he’s got good stats but resists weren’t ideal. He’s got over capped cold and poison resist, so if I go 80 physical, I can only squeeze 70 fire resist with 48 poison. Should this bug me? I’d prefer 80 and lower poison but can’t get there. Will I notice much difference vs my current CU with all 80’s poison hole build? He would be used for anything and everything.
My template is 120 tame, lore, vet, music, discord, mage. Also have a level 3 mastery and can (barely) sustain consume. Image below shows the build I’d have planned. BEA22922-7D27-4960-9016-C4FB6DC71AD7.png

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Looks like it had a lot of HP to start.

You could try to find a better one while that one sits in the stable.

Id kill it and get another but that's up to you. Physical and Fire are the 2 most common damages it will take.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Id kill it and get another but that's up to you. Physical and Fire are the 2 most common damages it will take.
This ^. Physical/Fire/Energy are the three most common damage types (why i go for 70 Cold/85 Energy on my Cus), and when it comes to non-avoidable Magic damage, Fire takes the cake, especially with Dragon Breath. The difference between 70 and 80 Fire Resist, is actually pretty big in terms of effective Health. An 80 Fire Resist pet would take 20 damage from a 100 damage Fire attack, and a 70 Fire Resist pet would take 30 damage from a 100 damage Fire Attack. The 80% Fire Resist pet could survive 50% more Fire attacks than a 70% Fire Resist pet could.

gregor

Visitor
What are the resists pre-training?
I’m at work so going by memory, I “think” the native resists were 64, 42?, 82, 48, 85.
I’m almost sure about all except fire. In my build I bumped physical to 80 and dumped the rest in fire, didn’t touch the others but with two over capped and poison near top of where it can spawn, I don’t have enough points left to get fire to 80.

gwen

Slightly Crazed
If you like colour leave it. Max poison resist for farming something poisonous. Like dreadhorn may be.
But not worth scrolling to 120 as for me.
Or give it disco, get meditation and evaluation /Spellweaving for yourself (replace music/disco). For consume.
If mobs are discorded and you run consume, 120 wrestling is not so important.
Too many points : get both ninjitsu (fww) and disco. Just don't waste too many scrolls. 110 will do. Easier to dump it if you will not like it.

Last edited:

gregor

Visitor
It’s bronze color so nothing rare. He’s lingering in my stable, but I tend to agree, it’s best to set it free and keep hunting for an upgrade.