• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] +60 ASH

Zy'ana

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do many people aim towards a +60?
How much would you pay for the small bods to fill a large?
Would you go out of your way to buy the large bod?
Or Would you buy the +60 ASH? How much would you be prepared to pay for it?

Thanks

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't aim for the +60 ash I just get them when i get them.
I wont buy any smalls if they are more than 100k.
I would never buy a large bod.
I would never buy a +60 ash.

Me myself I usually only work with the bods i get from the blacksmiths. Since I got a couple thousands bods large and small from a few idocs. Im set on large bods for life. Currently I got 774 large bods left to finish. All ranging from dull copper to valorite.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
With a good talisman, anything that can be made exceptional, will be exceptional 100% of the time with a good exceptional blacksmithing talisman and a +30 ASH (with most of it doable with a +15 ASH, instead, except some of the Samurai Empire Platemail, helms and weapons).

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I only use my +60 ASH when enhancing (which isn't very often).

The +30 is all that is needed for the SE and ML stuff. The +15 is enough (along with a decent talisman) to make any plate armor exceptional. It's always important to use the right ASH at the right time.

blazehammer

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use my 60 ash hammers for enhancing also to burn high end hammers use what i get but been selling mine for 4 to 7 mil depending on the charges:gee::gee::gee:

5% Luck

I wouldnt bother buying a 60ash bod but i do occasionally buy my 60s for 500k-1 mill. Ive never seen one(at lease in a long time) for more than 1 mill. I use mine for turn ins(extra skill = better bods) and enhancing but i havent enhanced since i finaly came around to the bod system after it was in place for 6 years. I used to only use enhance items back when runic kits and aroumrs were hugely overpriced. Now thay are so cheap(tailor) i wont even do the bods anymore. I just buy the kits.

A note on bod trading. I do see alot of good bods for sale but the bod trade has been kaput for soo long. I cant find anyone willing to trade bods of equaly value at allll. Everyone want to trade ash hammer bods for runic bods and that just dont cut the mustard. You see the rng favors all but 1-2 smalls for the high end runics per char/account so it seems like im always getting doubles or triples of some while waiting for that last bod and have to resort to buying it. I would much rather trade my double for your double that way we both get a runic!