• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

523 event drop hat credits GONE! Bug or intended?

mihali

Sage
Like a lot of other folks I accumulated credits for the plundering pirate hats, and was planning to cash them out at a later time. So I had accumulated approximately 523 credits, which is quite a few credits. Then I decided to go to one of the shard due to pricing of some items. When I came back to Atlantic and tried to cash out some of my credits ALL OF THEM WERE GONE, and I had zero credits. How do I address this, do I let some of the game people know about this, a GM, and how do I page GM? Or are just take it on the chin and just go on, and having learned my lesson not to transfer to another shard with uncashed credits? Any help appreciated or any recommendations.

James [W^H]

Slightly Crazed
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If You transfer the character to another shard, you loose all the points on the turn in NPC. It has always been like this.

mihali

Sage
If You transfer the character to another shard, you loose all the points on the turn in NPC. It has always been like this.
WOW.. Live and learn I guess.. Kind of a hard lesson. An easy fix would be for them to stored on the specific shard they came from. Nasty little lesson! :oops:

mihali

Sage
WOW.. Live and learn I guess.. Kind of a hard lesson. An easy fix would be for them to stored on the specific shard they came from. Nasty little lesson! :oops:
Then fun was in accumulating them, and in the fights, but should cash from now on. Will accumulate in no time at all. Ty for info!

mihali

Sage
Problem is Not even some type of warning, amounting to this nasty loss of hours of play, even though play was fun.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes, this is so we can not take shard bound turn ins to other shards by using the vendor. Have to take physical hats to other shards and do not use a toon that has hats on the turn in guy or they go poof.

mihali

Sage
I see, but would be nice if the turn-ins can be stored on the shard they came from. Also there should be some type of warning that they would poof if the person changes shard. Anyways what is done is done, and it was fun collecting them, since I like blasting stuff in melee.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I see, but would be nice if the turn-ins can be stored on the shard they came from. Also there should be some type of warning that they would poof if the person changes shard. Anyways what is done is done, and it was fun collecting them, since I like blasting stuff in melee.
How would they warn you? They announced this long ago you just have to remember. If players were not constantly looking for ways to cheat. We wouldn't have this issue.

mihali

Sage
Was not around then or missed the announcement. Its ok so long as I know is intended as part of the game to remove all credits when you xfer. Hope this info will be useful to someone else also.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
We clearly need more hand holding when playing UO. More boxes to click. Maybe a pop up to say you have read all the rules of UO before doing anything.

FishinFool

Adventurer
UNLEASHED
Next time you think of transferring ' just to check some prices', I would recommend you simply log in a different character on that shard.

I suspect you went for ez mode point farming on atlantic and thought you could just transfer back to your homeshard and redeem them. It doesnt matter what I think and you learned your lesson either way.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are all of those rules referenced when doing a transfer in game? Is there a link to the Wiki when transferring?
Why do we want more hoops to jump thru just to do something in UO? Most would just click those rules closed before reading them. Like we do now with 2 to 3 info menus we have every time we log in.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Why do we want more hoops to jump thru just to do something in UO? Most would just click those rules closed before reading them. Like we do now with 2 to 3 info menus we have every time we log in.
Yet we need developers to hold our hands while shopping?

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I didn’t know informing people of game mechanics is really considered a hoop. There is already a dialogue box for shard transfer - it should be easy enough to make sure that all the rules and mechanics are clear in game to players.

Now, if that information is replicated in the game or just a link to the Wiki that was just referenced doesn’t matter to me - I’m not going to tell people how to design something - I have people that pay me well enough to do that already. However, the mechanics should be pretty clear to the end user.

I am not going down this rabbit hole to even try to justify it to people who are just going to react this way…you are all welcomed to feel how you feel. But if you can’t agree that information should be clear and available … don’t know what else to tell you.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Are all of those rules referenced when doing a transfer in game? Is there a link to the Wiki when transferring?
I googled "Character Transfer Ultima Online" and that was one of the first thing to come up. Not sure how others do it, but when I am not 100% sure how something works I gooogle it. And if memory serves me correctly, there is a link to how the transfer works in the dialogue when a transfer is initiated.

Oblivion

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I googled "Character Transfer Ultima Online" and that was one of the first thing to come up. Not sure how others do it, but when I am not 100% sure how something works I gooogle it. And if memory serves me correctly, there is a link to how the transfer works in the dialogue when a transfer is initiated.
So it's been a bit since i've looked at the prompt windows - and there is an easy fix and solution to all of this. Just update the link in the prompt for character transfer to the current Wiki page - which is broken right now when trying to click now. That way a player can easily reference the update to date rules in the WIki from in-game....would alleviate any/all confusion - and it's up to the player to keep themselves familiar with the mechanics - given that the information is clear and easy to access.

P.S - I sent this to Mesanna - should be a very easy fix to implement

1715615297483.png

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So it's been a bit since i've looked at the prompt windows - and there is an easy fix and solution to all of this. Just update the link in the prompt for character transfer to the current Wiki page - which is broken right now when trying to click now. That way a player can easily reference the update to date rules in the WIki from in-game....would alleviate any/all confusion - and it's up to the player to keep themselves familiar with the mechanics - given that the information is clear and easy to access.

View attachment 154489
I sent her a message this morning as well because after I posted that I went and checked and saw it went to a dead link. Maybe they can get it fixed quickly.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
At least it happened to a player that was having fun and will have fun to get more.

@mihali have you tried pirating for hats?

Send a guy to LS no skill for cannon. A damager if you want hats from the Dreads.

We can knock out some stuff and get hats and cargo for your return trip.

AntyvasII

Seasoned Veteran
UNLEASHED

View attachment 154489
Maybe it could have a graphic showing current point totals (that will be lost) for any transferring character.

Destiny<3

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I think it would be cool if they didn't let you transfer, like when you have shard bound items in your backpack/paperdoll.

mihali

Sage
At least it happened to a player that was having fun and will have fun to get more.

@mihali have you tried pirating for hats?

Send a guy to LS no skill for cannon. A damager if you want hats from the Dreads.

We can knock out some stuff and get hats and cargo for your return trip.
Ty for offer, I am ok. How many hats do you get from each pirate or merchant ship or from other things in the sea? ty for the info!

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ty for offer, I am ok. How many hats do you get from each pirate or merchant ship or from other things in the sea? ty for the info!
12 per beacon, 1 per toon per dread. Plus any random hats from the spawn.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Removed a few posts. There is no need for name calling or throwing out accusations here. This is a pretty tame thread, not sure why anyone needs to attempt to make it personal.

Victim of Siege

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Removed a few posts. There is no need for name calling or throwing out accusations here. This is a pretty tame thread, not sure why anyone needs to attempt to make it personal.
I always miss the good stuff while at work . . .