• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

50 Extra Points

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I have an extra 50 points to do something with on a Parry/Mage.

Now I could put in Chiv, but are there any better alternatives that might allow me to take advantage of the 30% SDI cap in PvP?

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Got wrestling or no wrestling?

might help if you post what you have skill wise and which skill has item boot... ect

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Yeah buddy. After that other thread I've been wavering back and forth about whether the 15% extra SDI would be worth losing Chiv (and redoing suit). And if it is, what to do with that 50 extra points.

120 Magery
120 Eval
120 Med
120 Resist
110 Parry (+10 on that shield for 120)
80 Poisoning
50 Extra - currently have Chiv

Using -mage weapon.

Last edited:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you are going with mage weapons route, then you want anatomy for when you get disarmed.

With 120 eval and 50 anatomy, you will have defensive skill = 95 weapon skill. That and parry would keep you up until you get sword back in hand.

Last edited:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
With 120 eval and 50 anatomy, you will have defensive skill = 95 weapon skill. That and parry would keep you up until you get sword back in hand.
Hey man, sorry....had a nice mod induced break from the forums (Apparently a certain mod has a problem with everything I say and do)

Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. But with 120 weapon skill, 70% DCI and 120 Parry. I rarely get hit, let alone disarmed. It's a weird thing, not sure it's worth losing the 50 Chiv in order to increase my SDI to 30%.

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible for you to get another 50 free points? hehe then just go Inscription.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can divine fury with 29.9 Chiv. Won't be able to remove many curses though. Not sure that 50 chiv gets you much more.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I can usually remove curse with 1 or 2 tries. Obviously not something I do in the middle of a fight.

Would 50 inscribe be worth it? Would that be another 5% increase in spell damage?

Any of you experts tell me the difference a FS for instance would do with 30% SDI instead of 15% on someone at 70 Fire resist?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have an extra 50 points to do something with on a Parry/Mage.

Now I could put in Chiv, but are there any better alternatives that might allow me to take advantage of the 30% SDI cap in PvP?
my preferred parry mage is anat/gm parry/scribe, with 40 skill bonus on suit. If i didn't have skill bonus, i'd toss the remainder of skill into alchemy.

i on occassion switch out the scribe for gm alchemy or gm healing to pair with the anatomy as well.

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ditto on cetrics post minus the healing part unless you amazingly find a way to fit a lot of dex without sacrificing elsewhere

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
What exactly are you using Alchemy for?

I know it's sometimes worthless, but I like the Poisoning. That's obviously something I guess I could consider dropping.

The template is good and almost unkillable 1 vs 1, but it's also very low on offense. While they may never kill me, trying to do enough damage to my opponent is sometimes impossible.

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alcy for nova pots 25 dmg eith max ep on a cursed target. conflags also tick for 11-12 on a cursed target. lastly use an exp pot and xancel cursor for a little extra burst if you stay close to opponent.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well I'd say take poisoning to GM (though that'll be quite a while in getting there) for the lethal poison chance.
Difference in damage for flamestrike with 30 SDI and 15 SDI is about 3 points versus 70's and 4-5 points vs 60 (cursed target).
GM scribe ups those numbers a slightly to 4-5/6-7.

I don't know that 30 scribe would do much good after gming poisoning, but you could go with 29.9 Chiv after.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I may just GM poison, drop chiv to 29.9 and redo suit for 30% SDI and give that a go.

I can just use apples for RC and even with less Chiv I can still just hold the button down and eventually get a DF off on the rare occasion I run low on stamina.

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Logrus does skill increase from items impact the SDI cap?

Example: If I have 29.9 necromancy, wear the bracers and +11 necro on a ring, is my SDI cap from items 15 or 30?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It takes into account current skill so modifiers will affect the SDI cap. (So if you pop on that +11 necro ring, your sdi will drop to 15% as long as your necro is over 30)

@GM Poisoning you have a 10% Chance of hitting with Lethal @ 1-3 Tile Range.

Last edited:

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
@GM Poisoning you have a 10% Chance of hitting with Lethal @ 1-3 Tile Range.
And the % chance on fields (I'm assuming it's the same no matter how far from you the field is laid down?)

You'll have to tell me where the hell you are finding all this precise info.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm pretty sure its the same for the fields, but all the info should be in the patch notes from when the changes were made.
(It also helps to have coded most of it.)

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hehe. I have a Nox Mage that could switch to Parry Mage quite easily by stoning off his GM Inscrip for GM Parry. Especially since we can reforge +5 DEX onto armor pieces now, so 100/50/105 can be 100/80/105 with 6 pieces reforged to +5 DEX each.
His template is 120 Magery/120 Eval/GM Med/GM Wrest (120 with Jewelry)/GM Resist (120 with Scrapper's+Jewelry)/GM Inscrip/80 Poisoning. Both pieces of jewelry have +4 Resist/+10 Wrest/+15% DCI/FC 1/FCR 3. Scrapper's has +12 Resist on it along with usual properties. His FS hits for about 43 damage on all 70's targets. An Exp+FS combo on someone takes out about 2/3 to 3/4 of their health.

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my Scribe more than my nox mage. Just love hitting with flame strikes 50. (If you get a bard buffing you its funny to get XP/FS combos off doing 80-90 damage).

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use my Scribe more than my nox mage. Just love hitting with flame strikes 50. (If you get a bard buffing you its funny to get XP/FS combos off doing 80-90 damage).
The bard song bonus is only for PvM use only right? PvP's SDI hard cap will still cap out the SDI bonus from the bard song correct?

Logrus

UO Legend
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bard song bonus applies 3 damage bonuses. SDI, DI, and Damage Modifier(Applies ALL damage being dealt by player. ie Spells, Hits, Poison Rounds, Strangle Rounds, Blood oath, Reflect Physical, Pet Attack, Pet Spells, Bleed etc)
In PvP SDI bonus caps out at 15 or 30 for focused mage
DI caps out at 100 and shares that cap with items
Damage Modifier caps at 300. (PvP or PvM)

So the SDI will cap out, but the bonus modifier won't. Even at Max SDI, if you have a bard buff you with inspire you'll get more damage out of it. (That goes for dexers too. As long as they are under the 300 modifier total. And it does apply in PvP as well)

----
And if you really want the most bang for your buck Running Invigorate along with your inspire if you are not already at the stat caps (150 for each stat) will also give you small boost to spell damage or swing damage.

Last edited: