• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 slot Greater Dragon

Gunth

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am in search of a 4 slot greater dragon. Does it show as 4 => 5 when you lore it, or do you just have to tame ones with really low stats and see if they are 4 slots?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Some pre pub GDs and Turtles had low stats and were 4 slots. I have not heard of GDs spawning as 4 slot. I have not tried hatching a new Turtle.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Some pre pub GDs and Turtles had low stats and were 4 slots. I have not heard of GDs spawning as 4 slot. I have not tried hatching a new Turtle.
Ran to destard when i got home after reading this thread, because I knew they spawned. Found him happily trying to eat my face.

Keith of Sonoma

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
During the part of the invasion where we killed the stuff in Destard to get the T Maps I ran across, and tamed one that spawned as a 4 slot. I wasn't impressed with what I could do with him though. :(

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ran to destard when i got home after reading this thread, because I knew they spawned. Found him happily trying to eat my face.

I should hatch those turtle eggs. I was really good at bringing some really bad Turtles into UO.

Thanks

Ill see if I can find one and stick it on my vendor.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I prefer smaller profile pets. I must have selective memory. :) I killed a few yesterday, filled my bug with leather, didn't find a 4 slot. Found some really low stat 5 slot ones. If Khaelor says they are there, they are. I am sure someone is putting Chivalry on one, if that is possible.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I prefer smaller profile pets. I must have selective memory. :) I killed a few yesterday, filled my bug with leather, didn't find a 4 slot. Found some really low stat 5 slot ones. If Khaelor says they are there, they are. I am sure someone is putting Chivalry on one, if that is possible.

I think they are still rather rare, I hunt gd a decent amount and seen some pretty crummy stat ones that still end up being 5 slot. I'm going to try to get some screen shots of this one pre and post training a little later. Worked on capping his skills last night, now working on capping his training bar.

I thought about giving him chiv. Problem with GD is they only get 1 round, and they come preloaded with dragon breath, bleed and magery. They also have some 500ish int which lowers how much str they can have. As opposed to an old 3 slot dragon which already has 800 str and only comes preloaded with Magery and Dragon Breath. Probably why i never actively looked to train a 4 slot GD.

They do have the advantage over the normal dragon with having the ability to spawn with overcapped wrestling, tactics and resists and magery and get the free 120 parry. That saves a lot in scrolls. The one I tamed will have 124ish? tactics and 110 wrestling prior to scrolls.. That's 300 training points saved there and like 80 mill in scrolls with tactics/parry.

Last edited: