• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4 hour corruption timer

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Draconi said it would be raised after the invasions are over. Also the invasions are not ending with the Halloween activities on November 17.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i wish 4 hours was permanent, at first they posted 2 hours so i was hopeful but 4 hours is ok... however they should still change it back to owning the town for 3 days once u corrupt it and put it in the town, i dunno what the timer is now but its not long

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They should change it back to 10 hour corruption and 3 day owning the towns. This 4 or 6 hour BS is ****ty. It butchered the factions. Everything about the invasions is ****. Especially the fact they they fixed nothing and added a bunch of broken ****. Terrible terrible patch. And yeah.. they said its not permanent but didn't feel the need to tell everyone that its going to be ****y like this for several months... yay

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first few days we were going to invasions all the time. Now they either aren't popping or everyone has lost interest. I think this isn't caused by just one issue but many.

1) There is currently no known reward for defeating invasions besides special mod stuff which is very specialized and most of the times not useful. You don't get anything from killing Crimson Dragons.
2) Being unable to actually own towns is discouraging factions from building a support system like the old days. No one in our faction, Minax, is trying to organize.
3) The new base recall runes were a great idea in theory, but players are using them as an excuse to box up the bases with thousands of items. Instead of being a double-edged sword to block off your base it has become a dagger pointed at the enemy only,
4) The invasions only last like 15 minutes if you have an average size group killing the spawn. It should have been a much longer process. Most of the towns have such ridiculously easy spawn (minoc) while some are pretty insane (Moonglow and Britain).

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
all i know is my thief went from -4 kills to 66 kills from stealing sigs so i can't complain :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
4 hour corruption time turns fun factions into "work"
Not owning the cities... EVER.. even after corrupting... borked.
Annoying?
Yes, yes it is.

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The first few days we were going to invasions all the time. Now they either aren't popping or everyone has lost interest. I think this isn't caused by just one issue but many.

1) There is currently no known reward for defeating invasions besides special mod stuff which is very specialized and most of the times not useful. You don't get anything from killing Crimson Dragons.
2) Being unable to actually own towns is discouraging factions from building a support system like the old days. No one in our faction, Minax, is trying to organize.
3) The new base recall runes were a great idea in theory, but players are using them as an excuse to box up the bases with thousands of items. Instead of being a double-edged sword to block off your base it has become a dagger pointed at the enemy only,
4) The invasions only last like 15 minutes if you have an average size group killing the spawn. It should have been a much longer process. Most of the towns have such ridiculously easy spawn (minoc) while some are pretty insane (Moonglow and Britain).
I agree. Unlike some of your other garbage this is pretty straight up. I could really care less about the invasion and the carebears messing around with it, but there is no reason to get the towns or run the sigs back and forth other than to make sure the thieves don't get 160 points a day by uncontested corruptions.

Pfft what a Joke.. This **** turned out to be.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
....to make sure the thieves don't get 160 points a day by uncontested corruptions.

Pfft what a Joke.. This **** turned out to be.
Since the points mean very little now anyway you might as well let the other guilds get some points so they'll be worth killing.
When everyone in your guild has over 40 points and you're killing people with .. 2... well it's just not as much fun. Don't you agree? Maybe it's just me :/

Cardell

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Since the points mean very little now anyway you might as well let the other guilds get some points so they'll be worth killing.
When everyone in your guild has over 40 points and you're killing people with .. 2... well it's just not as much fun. Don't you agree? Maybe it's just me :/
I agree with anyone who thinks this patch completely ****ed over factioneers. I don't give a **** about points because they reflect nothing except how completely clueless these devs are to what the pvpers want. It's not fun at all, between the broken sigs, the broke rank system, the point farming, all these points being given to thieves, the corruption time all ****ed up, the town vendors deleted 3 times a day, the office holders (FM and Sherriff) reset 3 times a day, all the old bugs/ exploits, and god awful lag... this game just blows anymore...

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
lol you're lucky if you CAN place vendors/guards anymore.
It says you own a city... but when you click the stone, you DONT.
Meh.
IDK what the dealio is.
Add that to lag monsters and hax where people walk over candlabras and well... meh.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Meh. If the thieves played how they should they'd be giving the points back to the PvP'ers.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They should be putting themselves in harms way; sneaking into enemy bases where they are heavily outnumbered, with or without support from their allies.

It's their job ... nay, their responsibility to try and save a sigil, no matter how crazily impossible it may seem. It's never impossible.

What they shan't ever do, is transfer their points to a dummy character... which unfortunately some do.

The thieves code stipulates that you shall not call yourself a thief, unless you steal from your fellow player. So, you should also be trying to get out and get that done, whether you have snooping or not. Using the "random steal" method works fine enough on most enemy.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Our guild uses real thieves, in the thieves guild and do steal from enemy faction members, even if it is just bandages during a fight (goes a long way really).
I don't see why other guilds aren't utilizing their thieves more.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Nor do I. A couple of us thieves saved a 10-hour defense once because all the OJ mages used regs.

They tried breaking them up into small piles...didn't help. Haha.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you should post the Thieves Code on this fourm Nonel, I am sure there are many who do not know about the code.

Gracie is a true thief and yes I am in the thieves guild and yes I have stolen from players. Dream is not a true thief, thanks to the EA for creating items, she is a wanna be! 33 real stealing and the rest made up with items.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The thieves code stipulates that you shall not call yourself a thief, unless you steal from your fellow player. So, you should also be trying to get out and get that done, whether you have snooping or not. Using the "random steal" method works fine enough on most enemy.
Nonel and Arabella, with all due respect to you two, the thieves' code is one of the reasons I just couldn't get interested in joining you in stealing sigils again on GL. I'm glad it works for you though and that you're having fun with it.

:lick:

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
MPR members aren't forced to follow The Code, as I'm yet to institute any RoC for the guild. I wanted to...but after my hiatus I've been real loose with MPR. Half the members aren't even thieves anymore...which I need to work on...

N

Nastia Cross

I don't know about anyone else, but I run a real thief, I put my thief in harm's way (and get killed for it too) and my thief is in the Thieves Guild. According to the Thieves Code, thieves are not supposed to steal from other thieves, nor are they supposed to interfere with another thief in the area; neither of these rules can be truly followed in Factions. I will steal a sigil that another thief has placed in an enemy base and I will kill (or at least attempt to) any thief who tries to steal the sigils in my base. And no, I don't transfer points to a "dummy" char, I spread the wealth around to my guildmates. And I find snooping incredibly useful to find and steal any and all faction bandies and other shiny things people neglect to insure.

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unfortunately the Code usually has to be suspended within faction bases. Fortunately most every OJ thief already breaks it...usually by spelling "thief" wrong.

Arabella

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nonel and Arabella, with all due respect to you two, the thieves' code is one of the reasons I just couldn't get interested in joining you in stealing sigils again on GL. I'm glad it works for you though and that you're having fun with it.

:lick:
Ahh Tina, I am sorry to hear that, shhhh (cover your eyes, Nonel), but I don't always follow the code myself. The whole idea of this game is to enjoy yourself, I wish you would of gave it a try. :(

Oops, I misspell thief all the time!

Nonel

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*claws at eyes* Damn it all to hell I didn't listen!

G

Gilthas0130

Tired of UO... try WOW, i did and never looked back.

use to play on baja SL factions M&D
play UO since 99 just quit a yr ago. 96% of that in factions.

on blades's edge now in wow .
better pvp and a reason to fight other players.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Aww crumbs! Well, if you do decide to come back, you're still on my ICQ list, so give me a shout. See if you can bring Digitalis back too....he needs to see if his cherished sprite is better than all the ones that people new to SL are getting these days.

G

Gilthas0130

i lost my icq number
i bought a new comp. and forgot the tranfer data over. and for the life of me can't remember it.

all i remember was 1073.......thats it.

P

Phyrra

Curious, who were you in M&D? I was talking to a few Atlantic players the other day about Baja and factions and brought up M&D at one point.

And no offense, but while the pvp in WoW can be good, it still has nothing on UO pvp.