• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

4/6

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone had any success using 4/6 chivalry healing on a melee fighter for both pvp and pvm?

Some tips? Suggestions?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
One option is to use an imbued 1/3 ring, an ornament of the magician, and a weapon with 1fc. Another option is to use an imbued 1/3 ring, an imbued 1/3 bracelet, a weapon with 1fc, and a shield with 1fc. Traditionally, this is how the 4/6 casting cap is met.

That said, I believe that there are a couple new 2/3 jewels that were released with the High Seas booster. I don't remember what they are offhand, but it might be worth looking in to.

Finally, if you go to the trouble of outfitting a dexxer with 4/6 casting, I recommend that you also consider adding 90 spellweaving. At 90 weaving, you have a 100% chance to cast every weaving spell but wildfire and WOD. Macer/weavers can be pretty tough sparring partners. ^^

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used 4/6 chiv dexer with a very high end suit. I was very hard to kill 1on1 and managed to kill some mages 1on1 just as often as I died. But as soon as you are outnumbered you are easily killed. Its a good dueling template/suit imo. I had FC1 on my weapon,shield and ring and brace. Also tried with orny, but didnt like it.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Has anyone tried to put a suit 4/6 suit together with bushido parry? Maybe using helm of switfness instead of a shield?

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
No, you definitely want to stick with better head pieces, such as mace & shield glasses or Spirit of the Totem.

Are you planning to have any other forms of healing on him?

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pvped with a nox 4/5 pally (i dont think the 6 is really worth it). He was pretty good, a couple armor ignores, mortal strike, finish off with poison. I even messed around with holy light (his chiv was high enough for it)

Since poison is useless now, I did actually replace it with spellweaving, which gives you the extra damage needed, as well as another heal. So your pretty hard to kill.

4/6 sammy, i just dont think would do well unless your lucky enough to find a prepatch imbued dijinnes ring (forget the spelling, the one with 2/3 casting) This was when fitting in enhance potions with casting was almost impossible to gear for.

When i played a pvp samurai, i used about 2/4 casting, used close wounds only for emergencies. Mostly the casting was faster remove curse, consecrate weapon, and divine fury to get max heals from confidence spam.

Id probably do the same thing now, but still rely mostly on confidence, and potions. Might be good to throw in archery too, so you can chiv heal while still being able to attack, and put fc1 on just the bow (as well as balanced, swing and the like) IMO the most effective samurai warrior with chiv would have jewels give 2/5 casting, and a bow with fc1, or the fc1 on your one handed pot chugging weapon.
This could really be a post about how potions / apples changed pvp i guess.

Specialshoes

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This could really be a post about how potions / apples changed pvp i guess.

Was hoping to avoid stuff like that. What I am intending is to maintain my ability to have a ton of stuff hitting me at once while increasing my damage output.

As I have seen mentioned. What are the beneficial spells for spellweaving for pvp? It just recently seems to be becoming popular again and I never thought it was really worth it due to the high mana cost and slow casting speeds.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/6 is great as a secondary form of healing, but as your primary I hate it.

Face it, you never really get even fights in UO. It is always a zerg fest. What I hate about 4/6 chiv dexers is that lets say I have a mage on the ropes, one more hit finishes him. Now an archer starts shooting me, I can't just heal and keep right on the mage to finish him. I have to stop and cast, giving the mage a few more tiles and an opportunity to heal.

I just switched most of my dexers back over to heal/anat instead of chiv/med.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Re: spellweaving--

Defense: Gift of renewal regenerates your health. Gift of attunement absorbs damage.

Offense: Pixies of doom! Casting summon fey summons 4-5 pixies that can be commanded with normal pet commands. They're not going to kill your target, but they can interrupt casting/swings via paralyze and poison. Also, thunderstorm can inflict fcr penalty, essence of wind can inflict fc penality.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weaving is very mana intensive, so make sure you have lots of regen and lmc.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
4/6 is great as a secondary form of healing, but as your primary I hate it.

Face it, you never really get even fights in UO. It is always a zerg fest. What I hate about 4/6 chiv dexers is that lets say I have a mage on the ropes, one more hit finishes him. Now an archer starts shooting me, I can't just heal and keep right on the mage to finish him. I have to stop and cast, giving the mage a few more tiles and an opportunity to heal.

I just switched most of my dexers back over to heal/anat instead of chiv/med.

This is why i loved my nox pally (red btw) When you had a few guys on you, the poison would send them off running, it wouldnt kill them of course but get them away from you. Now i really dont know a way to deter anyone other than disarm, and that doesnt last as long.

I still have my pally, but just kept his old gear, and blued him by swapping skills with a crappy stealth archer, who i havent played since sigil wars were fun.

I only use him for pvm now, because he would have to switch out a weapon to chug, because he relies on his 1fc shield.

Another pally killer --- if you use a shield and weapon for 2 faster casting, if you get disarmed you have to run, and if you get both your weapon and shield disarmed you have to... run even more.

Like others have said tho, with the new gear system its alot easier to get 4/6 without having casting on a weapon or shield.

J

jaashua

I abandoned DCI for parrying. 100 parrying gives you better defense than 45 DCI and really lessens the restrictions on your suit.