• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3v9 pvp tourney...

R

rockkandy

well we [-TS+] came and vanquished all... but the shoddy part......

not all the noobs in BEC flagged... AND the MF'ers counted....

and.. the EM's wont do a damn thing about it... aka... my blue is now red... and has to wait out murders because BEC didnt follow the rules.... BS

B

bryanfury762002

yeah even em autolycus thought it was stupid. he said they jumped the gun since they only had me you and emo to fight. oh well you only got like 7-9 long terms which aren't that bad to work off.

i was proud of my performance. did not die a single time and even got a rez off without a rez killing.

also i feel like i need to chat up riley and get a sig made lol on to the catskills boards!

S

Spoz

Well I enjoyed it as it were - shame about counts - but I made sure I only attacked targets that were criminal (or had attacked me first).

I quite liked the size of the arena. Would have liked a slightly larger one perhaps to allow more fleeing and resurrecting up - it would have lasted longer then.

Well done to the winners. What do you get? A town named after you?

R

rockkandy

hah we get a dumb statue in Yew... the EM didnt say where.. but im assuming its going to be near the gate...

im still ticked off at the utter rudeness that everyone showed towards us...

we were obviously first targets... AND when we started winning.... they got pissy and started counting...

re-goddamn-diculous

S

Spoz

I can tell you that you were our first targets - we were quite certain that the BEC mortal/archer combo wouldn't work well against us, as we all have remove curse, and so we felt you were the bigger threat. We thought you were all dead when we started concentrating on BEC and then you came and fielded our res spot, killed us and killed them!

Unfortunately we don't yet have vent or teamspeak - we felt that may have given us the edge we needed to give you a proper run for your money.

I'll keep my eyes open for the statue. Personally I think its kinda cool, especially if it were at Yew gate. Shame it won't be in trammel where people would actually see it though.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah. You guys were more of a hassle than the bec archers. And we were lucky to not get statted by the single oj stealth archer.

Emo was our first to drop (no surprise as he is a big name on LS, and at the start had atleast 5 ppl on him). Swarz came in with a clutch res while I lured everyone to the other side and sacrificed myself.

We then set up some fields in our corner. Emo resed me, and we kicked into overdrive.

I can honestly say that seeing the guild tags, we went out way overconfident, and paid for it for a minute. We were also caught by surprise with the no-warning attack.

All in all we did have fun and would LOVE to see more of those people on the field on a regular basis.

What a lot of people don't realize is that we all started out with the same 100-1000 gp and worked and practiced to get where we are today.

You can't get better at pvp without pvping.

S

Spoz

We invited BEC to despise afterwards, but only we made it. That was fun, and we still got scrolls which is what I judge a spawn fight victory on.

People say you need good equipment to PvP - and they are right! That is for 1v1's and small group battles.

However in a spawn as long as everyone has a role and can do it - then anyone can be made useful. People need to aknowledge that they are going to die A LOT before they perfect their tactics and equipment. You just need to learn from watching how you died and try not to happen again.

WoR don't mind blues (and trustworthy reds) doing spawns with us. We need the numbers - even if all they are good for is killing the spawn and distracting/blocking in enemies.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
We came down to despise after talking with the EM (he tipped us off that it was being worked). And we ran into a decent wall of MD. We managed to kill quite a few ppl (blues and ojs) but then were just too out numbered and lost out foothold on the east bridge.

Once again, you guys didn't do too bad. I'll be the first to admit and compliment rashagfahsjd or whatever his name is, he is a pain to kill.

And you sir, are no cake walk. I think with a fair ammount of learning your strengths and weaknesses, and learning your template a bit more, you will surmount to a worthy adversary.

We are always looking for a good romp around the field, and if you would like, you can q us anytime you guys feel frisky. We may only have 1-3 people on, but we never turn down a good fight.

As is we are usually outnumbered 2/1 in 90% of fights, so don't worry about trying to keep it fair.

Hit me up on q @ 246780793

S

Spoz

Thank you - Reepacheap and I are old school just coming back and so there are only a few of us. We have always been out numbered, back when there used to be 3 guilds with about 20 active members online, we always used to only have about 10. Still, thats how we made a lot of money - it doesnt take many people to complete spawns or even raid them if you do it quick and fast and less people = more profit. We used to be fairly 'neutral' - rarely raiding non-felucca guild spawns but rather help them out.

Reepacheap is designed to survive, pursue and kill. He is a main field fighter. I myself am a field commander, who is designed for boss killing and support. When we did spawns/harrowers I'd usually be the midline defense, coordinating on ventrilo and making sure all teams were informed on what was happening.

My knowledge I'd like to think is fair - however being from the UK, my connection is a tad slower than others, and unfortunately my suit is severely lacking - I don't even have a crimson yet! Change some of those things and I think I'll survive much longer.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For what its worth, the BEC archers you are talking about, for the most part, have never pvp'ed. I was talking to some of them after the tournament (I couldn't be there due to a RL obligation) and they said it was a huge case of nerves for them, but it was fun for everyone. If they did something less than honorable, then please take my apology for that. But don't think it was on purpose. Chalk it up to a lack of experience. I think its cool one of them actually got a killshot.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i think it really says something that one of the oldest guilds on Lake Superior have that many members whom have never pvp'd before. Not sure how that translates to "lack of experience". It's time to stop making excuses for everyone...especially when they make no attempt to learn how to get better. Currently LS is virtually a talentless shard and no one does anything to change that fact.

Shamus Turlough

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Takes off Mod hat*

So you think it is lame we have members who choose not to participate in regular pvp, yet want to participate in events like this?

*duly noted*

We've been called worse, but somehow, BEC is still around after 9 years. Go figure...

And if you think LS is so talentless, why are you still on this shard?

Pac is that way :next:

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well LS has been my home shard for 6 years now...it's kind of difficult to move 6 characters to another shard and play there. As for your excuses, why did you enter a pvp tournament if you guys don't pvp that just makes no sense. Oh i know why because you were hoping that if you win you would get something out of it. The typical trammy way of thinking...pvpers play the game for fun. Trammies play it for pixels.

They Call Me Al

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Of all the people at the tourney. The only names I didn't recognize were the one oj, and one of the WOR guys. The rest I've seen in fel plenty, wether it be trying to sneak a t2a spawn in, or camping fel idocs. In any case, it's not accidental to hit the "report as a murderer" button.

And as was stated by Jax.. If they were not pvprs... Why the hell were they at a pvp tournament? I think he summed it up pretty well tho. They were there hoping that they could use their 2 team advantage to win whatever prize was handed out. Little did they know that there was a 3 person skill wall that was not going to allow that.

S

Spoz

I'm glad anyone and everyone came along and tried out - although I'm fairly certain the BEC people had a good knowledge of PvP - they were organised enough and combined their attacks and skills well enough. Their biggest flaw was rushing into it and not resurrecting one another.

Lets get more people doing some tournaments, improving skills and practicing! Get more BEC members in felucca. I'd help them if they wanted too - WoR are a blue friendly guild in felucca (except for aggressors and agreed rivals).

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh man we've got the blind leading the blind here. It's hard to help people with their pvp abilities when you have very little of your own. Any 5 year old can throw together a dexxer template, faction suit, and imbued weapon. As the tourney clearly demonstrated there is no dexxer that can stand up to a mage in terms of versatility in the field. Until you guys learn how to actually pvp (WITH MAGES) it will be the same result everytime: and we all know what that is.

B

bryanfury762002

i was the big winner of the event as in NO DEATHS for me lol

S

Spoz

i was the big winner of the event as in NO DEATHS for me lol
Well done - you win UO.

In reality - WoR has only been reformed a week so we could only field what was available - 2 dexers and a necro mage. Other than that as an excuse I'd agree that mages are definately the most useful and versatile class out there, but every class has its charm - too many mages are useless sometimes, too many dexers are useless and too many archers are definately useless too.

I know for a fact that dexers are more than capable with mages on the field - but they have to use every trick in the book - i.e. teleport jewels and such.

Reepacheap and I recently reattacked a spawn we lost in CoD with baracoon fielded up by two mages in the fort - but with invis/teleport jewels we were able to retake it. It is sneaky stuff like invis and teleport along with demons and other stuff which mages excel at. I respect them using those tactics against me - but it doesnt mean I think they are better for it. Just using their class to their ability - just like I use remove curse to... remove curses.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that's the problem with UO. Teleport jewels isn't skill or a template or even pvp...it's just another item that people use to get an advantage. Just like pots that have essentially ruined PvP as it used to be.

R

rockkandy

so mr SPOZ.... please explain to my why... we were just fighting 1v1 in despise... and you decided to run off to who knows where?

S

Spoz

A guildmate was killing Baracoon elsewhere and I was required to protect.

Was a good fight though. Your resurrecting and remounting your horse was quite impressive - I was hoping to run you down when you were on foot. Oh and I love how dispell evil has been changed so that its actually useful against necromancers!

M

Mac_adoo

I am one of the BEC archers on one of the PVP Teams and had my wife on her archer there as well. The other person on our team was a good friend and says he didn't give a count. So thats three of us that didn't make the mistake. If you got any counts I'm sorry for that. We honestly thought there would be more interest and teams in the event and the post said you could not go and just watch so we put our hat into the ring. Figured we go down early probably and get rez'd on the sideline and be able to watch some skills. As it turned out we were able to throw together another BEC team at the last minute. Pretty much all of us are unvetted as far as experience in pvp so I'm sure its possible someone gave a count by accident. One on the other BEC team was also a wife who has never pvp'd ever and was scared to death. Not saying she gave a count but saying things are possible. Sorry. None of us rez'd and got back into the fight, not thinking you could do that, though we should of since it said "no rules". So you should only have max been given maybe 1 or 2 counts thus you've killed before :) Anyways, was fun, enjoyed it. Thought with 3 archers with sweet bows and all attacking same person we'd at least take down a couple of people. Emo might have been the first I called out to attack but was not by rep but by being the first person we saw for me to yell to target, lol. Guess it just worked out if he's the best around rep-wise anyways. Again, sorry if you got a count or two from us. We may get around Fel now more in days to come and try to get better before the next event. Probably wont be until after College football season though :) Cheers, HATE of BEC

S

Spoz

lol good to know that Emo's reputation wasn't too high - I'd hate for his head to get much bigger ;)

Your PvP skills are irrelevent - you were a deadly force and had potential to kill people which no one disagrees. Perhaps that you were all archers causes some people to lower their estimations of your skill but that is beside the point.

The attempt was there, the chance of victory was there, thats all I'd expect and ask. You did yourselves proud and your guild proud so do not worry about that. The murder count was a sour point perhaps, but it happens. Now I'd hope to see you more in Felucca - there are others in your guild that work well with us and achieve a lot - you are more than welcome to tag along sometime.

I

IceCast[AI]

Garbage shard
Garbage Players

You guys are talking about pvp as if you know what actualy pvp is.

One simple sentence clears out all

Americans Just Simply Cannot PvP, Us europeans have proven this on every shard. 2vs 10 5vs 40 and even 10 vs the shard...

Now hush and go back under the rock you crawled underneath from.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IceCast...your an awful mage and PvP'er I have absolutely no idea why your even talking...bokuto mage has been nerfed for a year now get over it.

Widow Maker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Garbage shard
Garbage Players

You guys are talking about pvp as if you know what actualy pvp is.

One simple sentence clears out all

Americans Just Simply Cannot PvP, Us europeans have proven this on every shard. 2vs 10 5vs 40 and even 10 vs the shard...

Now hush and go back under the rock you crawled underneath from.
Odd...for about 8 years, a group of US Americans, pinging 2-300, completely owned, dominated and controlled Drachs against all Eurotrash wannabe pvpers. We just recently (within the last year) drifted back to US shards because there was simply no-one decent to fight on Drachs or Euro.

So much for your statement.

Trash.

B

bryanfury762002

icecast is literally the worst red mage i have seen to ever set foot in fel