• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

35 sims a-playing

G

Now that we've had a chance to experience 35 sims on a lot for a while now, how are you enjoying it?

Personally I think its great for parties, weddings, funerals, sports events, etc. Not that I've seen a whole load in TC3 but I'm sure that once we all get settled in EALand we will see a lot more and being able to get 35 sims to attend will be wonderful.

I'm not convinced that 35 sims works so well on skill lots though, but this may be more to do with the way we're adapting to it. For instance, more and more places are trying to offer every possible skill, yet the majority on a lot still gravitate to all studying just one or two skills. The outcome seems to be a lot crammed full of skilling and greening equipment which sometimes makes it hard to navigate around and actually find things.

It can also be a nightmare stopping to green and then dodging the crowd hanging around the same shower and then trying to find a free skill object to go back to is sometimes like mission impossible.

I haven't been to any money lots lately so I don't know if they have the same kind of issues?

I think with the increased number of sims allowed on a property that the property limit should be increased accordingly !

Must be hard to find the property limit to provide 35 typewriters, desks and chairs, full greening etc and still be able to design a property with lots of additional features to make it look great.

So, what do you think?

Do you think it works well for all categories?
What do you like about being able to get 35 sims on the same property?
What are the drawbacks?
What, if anything, would you like to change about having 35 sims on a lot?

Polly

K

Keep It Real

I think the amount of room mates should be increased to 10 total. Other than that a little planning into the layout is all that is required to make a lot functional and easy to navigate.

Edited to add: Single skill skillhouses are also a MAJOR plus.

G

The lag with 35 sims makes me want to go asdlkfkadslfjslkadfjlksdjfl, but it is enjoyable to socialize.

L

lisjacase1

<blockquote><hr>

The lag with 35 sims makes me want to go asdlkfkadslfjslkadfjlksdjfl, but it is enjoyable to socialize.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, yes this is my beef too! Its almost as bad as lag at the factory, just trying to get from one place to the other I freeze up from the bad lag spikes. And its usually in the chess table area where they are all moving and skilling , way too much lag.

I

imported_Gracie Nito

I can't say the lag is directly related to just a house with 35 sims there. I have experienced horrific lag in jobs with just 3 sims at the diner and also on lots with just 4 people playing pizza.

The lag does seem to get worse during peek playin hours on the server itself. When the city is busy, lag gets worse everywhere.

As for the lag directly related to full lots, I've noticed most of the time it is on lots that are too stuffed full of items to comfortably accommodate the guests. Or the use of objects that directly cause more lag. Animated objects like fireplaces, fountains, windmills, or any kind of flashing lights can add just as much lag to a property as sims moving around. Stereos blaring and computers being played can also add more lag to a lot from the sound it generates. Heavy use of high intensive graphics and sound have always caused more lag in game.

I still prefer the choice of a busy lot or a quiet non-lagged lot. For those with little time to play the game, the busy skill lot offers them the best opportunity to maximize their time with the skilling speed they can offer. The same goes with a money house that can maintain a high level of payouts because more visitors are allowed into the house at one time.

Players that have more time or are not in such a hurry can still take advantage of the less laggy skill and money houses in town. Just because they exist doesn't mean you have to support or go to laggy houses. If you totally abhor the lag then you have the power to boycott these places. Spend time supporting the smaller mom and pop shops that could use your visitor hours to climb the lists. Remember it only takes 6 sims all skilling one type of skill to maximize speed and it only takes 12 sims using one money object to reach top payout on a single money object.

As the game changes we must all learn to adapt to the changes. Learn how to build and furnish a house that produces less lag. Promote or support houses that lock their doors and refuse to let in 35 players at one time.

I've been told lag issues are being addressed and I can only hope that in time things will run more smoothly.

Do I want to go back to lower limits in houses? NOOOOOOOOOOo! We've come this far, let's keep moving forward. If anything I'd like to see limits raised even more and more as the game begins to stabilize. Imagine a party of 100 people in one place!

I

imported_Cherri Bear

Me too Gracie! I love it having a lot of sims in a house.

I was going to respond to the skill house thread with this, but I will put this here.

I really do think sims should utilize the beds and get their social from sitting and "complimenting" other sims.

Too many take advantage of the "serenading" of the Owner and Roomies. Oh! And put out a buffet. So what if you have to eat two servings.

It will make it A LOT easier on those Owners and Roomies who have 35 sims visiting.

EDITED to add: YES! Be sure to tip!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now that we've had a chance to experience 35 sims on a lot for a while now, how are you enjoying it?

Personally I think its great for parties, weddings, funerals, sports events, etc. Not that I've seen a whole load in TC3 but I'm sure that once we all get settled in EALand we will see a lot more and being able to get 35 sims to attend will be wonderful.

I'm not convinced that 35 sims works so well on skill lots though, but this may be more to do with the way we're adapting to it. For instance, more and more places are trying to offer every possible skill, yet the majority on a lot still gravitate to all studying just one or two skills. The outcome seems to be a lot crammed full of skilling and greening equipment which sometimes makes it hard to navigate around and actually find things.

It can also be a nightmare stopping to green and then dodging the crowd hanging around the same shower and then trying to find a free skill object to go back to is sometimes like mission impossible.

I haven't been to any money lots lately so I don't know if they have the same kind of issues?

I think with the increased number of sims allowed on a property that the property limit should be increased accordingly !

Must be hard to find the property limit to provide 35 typewriters, desks and chairs, full greening etc and still be able to design a property with lots of additional features to make it look great.

So, what do you think?

Do you think it works well for all categories?
What do you like about being able to get 35 sims on the same property?
What are the drawbacks?
What, if anything, would you like to change about having 35 sims on a lot?

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh, dear lord, yes! I agree, make it stop!

M

Meggers

I personally can't stand the lag and yes it's a pain when 15 people are greening and there are only 4 of each greening item, lol. Whenever I have my skill house I limit the number to 18. I wish they would give us the option of setting the number allowed on our lots. That would save a lot of aggrivation if we don't have to go into property mode locking and unlocking the door.

G

I don't like it either. With TC3 being the city of lag as it's been, it's hard to tell if more sims on a lot really make much difference.

The major problem I see with it makes for one or two busy lots and the rest having very few people enter them because they figure there is no speed or they can't make as much money.

It would be nice if having a party, or a wedding, etc. I think it would be good to have it be at only entertainment or residential lots.

I'd also like to see something added so we have the choice in how many are allowed in a house, as Meggers stated.

C

Caesar Weezer

Yeah I'm guilty of passing by a lot that has only a few people skilling on it. But only when I plan to skill afk.

If I skill to skill and make friends, I usually go to the lower populated lots, because the chances of getting to know someone or the owners is greater.

I

imported_Shirl1211

I totally agree with you. That is an excellent solution for a full house and only 1 or 2 roomies!!