• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

:(

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Say it ain't so, Pinco. I was just coming back to the game...

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whaaaaaaat?!
Yup, Very SAD!

Quotes Pinco, (this is found on the pinco's UI patcher screen):

• GAME OVER?

Posted Yesterday, 15:26 CET

Unfortunately due to the lack of funds, this project will be dead by the end of the month.
    The purpose of this project was to improve the game so that it could be easier and attractive for new and old players, but unfortunately it seems that noone belives that anymore.
    It's sad to see UO degrading day after day, a game with such potential could have been the greatest game ever, but the continuous bad choices made by the developers has piled up over the years (since the beggining) bringing us here at this point where there isn't much of a future...
    That's just not my opinion, but I think that the lack of interest in having new features (like there was back in the day) is the proof that everyone is just resigned to the idea of a static grinding game that will never get better and it's just sad.

Anyway, if you want to save this project there are still some days to make a donation and extend its life, or you could just ignore this message and at the end of the month this patcher will just stop working.
    Whatever is your choice I thanks everyone for the support and the suggestions that I received during the years, I hope that my work may have simplified your gameplay and perhaps made this game a bit more enjoyable.

In case this is a goodbye: Farewell and thanks you all.

Pinco

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad news. I dint see that when I loaded up today.

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco - can you give us an idea about how much $ is required to keep your UI going. Are we talking hundreds? Thousands? I'd be willing to contribute but first I need an idea of what the target is. Whatever amount we contribute, I'd like to know that it would make a difference rather than only postpone the inevitable.
Thanks for all you've done!

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco - can you give us an idea about how much $ is required to keep your UI going. Are we talking hundreds? Thousands? I'd be willing to contribute but first I need an idea of what the target is. Whatever amount we contribute, I'd like to know that it would make a difference rather than only postpone the inevitable.
Thanks for all you've done!
well for now we are posponing the inevitable since january :D

The real problem is that there was an increase of the maintenance costs (thanks to the govern for the new taxes and extra bureaucreacy), and it became around 40$/month and twice a year there are some extra costs.

Until 1 year ago there were several players donating regularly small amounts (like 5$) and it was enough to keep the whole thing up and running, but latetly there are a lot less players and a lot less money available in general that brought us to the current case where the funds reach 0 and the project is saved by someone that donates just enough to move forward for another month... The last time donation can work for a while but is risky because if 1 month the "hero" forgets to donate it's over.

In any case I can't force anyone to donate :)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Expect a donation after the 19th.

Also, webspace is available from me as well if you need it via my servers for UOHomeDecor.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the costs are not just about the hosting, there is also the UO accont that I keep active ONLY to work on the UI...
Also, you should be given what's called a media account- there are still plenty of those floating around. It's a free account and imo for your past contributions and to help with the continuing work on the UI, you should have a free account.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Guess my big mouth pays off sometimes. Free hosting now we need UO to kick in a free account, common guys.

railshot

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Free hosting now we need UO to kick in a free account, common guys.
It's the least they could do considering a lot of the nicer features of today's EC first saw light in Pinco's. I will be donating as well.

Warrick

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Pinco-
Can you update the "Project Health Status" on your UI site?
I think we've made some progress with donations, but the Project Health Status still says "dead."

Update: The health status is now "OK."

Last edited:

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Maybe he could change the login message. I was just wondering if I should uninstall Pinco's.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe he could change the login message. I was just wondering if I should uninstall Pinco's.
If' it's true, that the UI still lives, that would be a good idea.

Any news of a media account for Pinco? Would be more than well deserved!