• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

300% Damage Cap - Have I reached it?

Finegold

Journeyman
Is there an easy way to tell if I have reached the 300% DI cap without having to do calculations?

120 Bush
120 Parry
120 Swords
100 resist
100 Tactics
99 necro
83 chiv

100% right off the bat with gear 60% armor + 40% wep

Then what?....

Thx for your help.

IGF

Visitor
Looks like you’ve already calculated what you’re at. That’s 100. Throw on a super slayer and you’re at 300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tectop

Journeyman
Looks like you’ve already calculated what you’re at. That’s 100. Throw on a super slayer and you’re at 300.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am currently building a build similar to the one above what exactly is used to calculate the 300% what skills
Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What you are thinking of is 300% damage Modifier Cap, which has nothing to do with your skills or your damage increase on your suit. I've seen a lot of confusing breakdowns of it, but here is my explanation

You always have 100% damage Modifier. You will always swing for 100% of your base damage before resists are calculated. From there, you can add these on top of that.
Slayer (+200%)
Super Slayer (+100%)
Honor (+100% Max)
Enemy of One (+86% max)
Consecrate Weapon (+15%)
Some Quivers (10%)

Damage modifier is Calculated kind of similar to how your base damage is calculated as well. You start off at 100% Damage Modifier. So just having a specific slayer will put you at 300%, or having a super slayer on weapon and on a talisman.

Honor + Enemy of One + Consecrate will give you max Damage modifier against mobs that have no slayer.

A few monsters like captains you will hit harder with hit spell weapons, no idea on the exact equation, but it looks like it acts like a specific Slayer. The last invasion generals worked the same way.

*Note that Armor ignore is actually a -10% damage modifier, So for armor ignore you can overcap your damage modifier to negate that -10% to hit for a full 300% of your base damage.

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now, to figure out what affects your base damage on your status bar. You can take a look at the Numbers on the bottom of this page

UO Stratics - Combat

This tells you what % skills like tactics, anatomy, and lumberjacking increase your base damage.

Base damage on status bar= Base weapon damage * (100 + Damage Increase + Tactics % + Anatomy %+ Lumberjacking % + Strength%)

Then from there, your Damage Multiplier Will "Multiply" that base damage.

So if your status bar says your damage is 55-67, and you have an air elemental slayer equipped, you will do base hits against an air elemental for 165-201 damage before resists.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this in another thread. There are TWO different 300 caps. The damage increase cap and the damage modifier cap. I'm just going to paste this here as well as it is what OP is talking about...

For the damage increase cap
If max Damage Increase for items = 100
If 120 Tactics then (120/1.6) + 6.25 = 81.25
If 120 Anatomy then (120/2) +5 = 65
If 150 Strength then (150*.3) +5 = 50
For a total of 296.25 which means its impossible to hit 300 here unless you have LJ.
20 LJ (Skill Level/5) *if below GM* will add 4.0, reaching the 300 cap.

@Finegold In your situation...
DI from items = 100
100 tactics = 68.75
0 anatomy = 0
150 strength (assuming) = 50

That means you're at 218.75 of 300 of the damage increase cap.

What King Greg posted for the damage modifier cap is right on