• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Trading] 30 Day Game Time for Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idahoan

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before posting, I contact and ask if GTC for gold was permitted and was told it is allowed, thus I posted.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The rule was changed again, to "game time codes are not allowed or disallowed for sale".

It was changed to a neutral system to avoid conflicts, I apologize for not making a post about it, I thought I did.

So, basically, we don't support it, but we also won't punish for it.

Armani Exchange

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I Agree, to me it pumps more into UO, I would not own the amount of accounts I do if I had to pay for them, fact.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
"The rule was changed again, to "game time codes are not allowed or disallowed for sale"

LOL, so the rule was changed to change the rule that was recently passed. And the new rule is that there is a rule which effectively states that the rule creators have no stance on the issue. And there needs to be a rule for this.

right on, makes perfect sense!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
"The rule was changed again, to "game time codes are not allowed or disallowed for sale"

LOL, so the rule was changed to change the rule that was recently passed. And the new rule is that there is a rule which effectively states that the rule creators have no stance on the issue. And there needs to be a rule for this.

right on, makes perfect sense!
Would you prefer they make it against the rules again? How about they just make it illegal to sell all items, maybe just delete the entire website?

C'mon man, make up your mind, people can't complain about a rule then complain when it gets changed to exactly what people wanted since they complained so much the first time.

Neutrality is the best option for this in my opinion.

Also, it is technically a policy now, not a rule, since rule suggests it can be broken, and this cannot be broken because it is neutral.

Normally I wouldn't have responded, but that comment just annoys me for some reason. You have no idea how much discussion goes into changing rules, especially decade old rules like that one, and how much time and effort it takes to change the smallest thing, which was changed only for the purpose of improving the community each time.

leet

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Would you prefer they make it against the rules again? How about they just make it illegal to sell all items, maybe just delete the entire website?

C'mon man, make up your mind, people can't complain about a rule then complain when it gets changed to exactly what people wanted since they complained so much the first time.

Neutrality is the best option for this in my opinion.

Also, it is technically a policy now, not a rule, since rule suggests it can be broken, and this cannot be broken because it is neutral.

Normally I wouldn't have responded, but that comment just annoys me for some reason. You have no idea how much discussion goes into changing rules, especially decade old rules like that one, and how much time and effort it takes to change the smallest thing, which was changed only for the purpose of improving the community each time.
Well said Captain.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think he was just saying do we need a rule .. for basically no reason?

meaning .. if it don't matter do we need a rule?

at least that's how i took it. haha

but i see making a neutral rule right free up questions in the future..

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i think he was just saying do we need a rule .. for basically no reason?

meaning .. if it don't matter do we need a rule?

at least that's how i took it. haha

but i see making a neutral rule right free up questions in the future..
Like I said above, it's not really a "rule" anymore, it's more of a policy since rules can be broken, and it's impossible to disobey this since it's neutral.

If you look in the official "rules" section, there is nothing written about it there. Since nothing is written about it officially, The only way for people to know about it is to ask a moderator right now.

Peekay

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
@Captn Norrington
@whoeverownsstraticsnow
How about just making the rule say "We don't really give a **** if you sell gtc." As it generates the traffic your forums need anyways. Period. Instead of this slophouse wordbending and dictatious pussyfooting around the topic with needing to be "politically correct" on a forum who's stance is to be as non-political as possible.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
@Captn Norrington
@whoeverownsstraticsnow
How about just making the rule say "We don't really give a **** if you sell gtc." As it generates the traffic your forums need anyways. Period. Instead of this slophouse wordbending and dictatious pussyfooting around the topic with needing to be "politically correct" on a forum who's stance is to be as non-political as possible.
The current owner is Ron Bron. Feel free to message him about this if you want.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't see the issue here..I am thinking there is no other active posts to complain on ATM. They stopped the sale of Gametime codes "you complain", they say ok Ya know what we don't care one way or the next, how dare you make a rule that's not a rule on a forum that's actually a community hub but called a forum connected to a website that's on the Internet!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ron Bron

Former President
VIP
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the question. We are not currently taking action to restrict posting and bidding on those items, but the user should consult with Broadsword and the UO TOS with specific questions about prohibited items and transactions.

Please review the Trade Forum Policy, with particular attention to item 1, 6, and 7: http://community.stratics.com/threads/trade-forum-policy.327348/
Please also review the Stratics Rules of Conduct, item O: http://community.stratics.com/pages/rules/

Stratics will support Broadsword if they take an official position against trading Game Time Codes. As such, please use our forum and trade responsibly to avoid creating an issue. Thanks again.

For further questions or feedback, you may send our Staff or myself a personal message, or contact Broadsword.

@CyberNickel please start a new thread for selling your item.

Status
Not open for further replies.