• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

<3

• Thread starter imported_Mr. Sly
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mr. Sly

I love how even though it is thanksgiving we SP players still have 20 or more people viewing our boards.

P

pikon198

true i wished a few people happy thanksgiving, and they said thanks, but in the europe we dont have a turkey day lol.

G

Me mum was just telling me about the outbreak of bird flu they have right now over in england so no turkey for my sister n family. My retort to my mother was "at least they can still have ham" to which she replied "no they have hoof and mouth too"!
Guess it's gonna be tofurky all around.
On a side note I just opened the bag suposedly containing the gibletts and all I found was the neck....Damnit I wants me entrails!!!

G

Don't know which part you were replying to. The lack of entrails to make proper gravy, the tofurky or the health hazards of british meat.

"LONDON: Poultry were being slaughtered at another British farm after a suspected outbreak of bird flu, the government said Wednesday.

The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs said the site was within a surveillance zone set up after the disease was confirmed on a nearby farm earlier this month.

Two outbreaks of the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu have been confirmed in eastern England, and thousands of turkeys, ducks and geese have been killed as a precaution.

Bird flu's return to Britain — weeks before the Christmas holidays — has been another blow to Britain's farmers, already struggling after livestock herds were hit earlier this year by foot-and-mouth and bluetongue diseases.

Millions of birds worldwide have died or been slaughtered since late 2003, when H5N1 began ravaging Asian poultry stocks. It has killed at least 206 people worldwide since 2003.
Experts believe most victims were probably infected through direct contact with sick birds.

Bird flu is difficult for humans to catch, but experts fear it could mutate into a form that spreads easily among people, potentially sparking a flu pandemic."
The Associated Press
Published: November 21, 2007
Yet another thing we have to be thankful for.