• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3 questions about fishing

L

lorail

I have 3 questions about fishing

1 can a persons do muti quest now with out penalty
2 do I have to gain a rep with each monger
3 and last but iam sure not all do i have to eat power scrolls in order 105 110 115 120

hopeing a ea rep will anwser this

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 3 questions about fishing

1 can a persons do muti quest now with out penalty
2 do I have to gain a rep with each monger
3 and last but iam sure not all do i have to eat power scrolls in order 105 110 115 120

hopeing a ea rep will anwser this

To my experience after the patch yes, doing multi questing now does not cause loyalty hits.
Personally, though, I still prefer single quests as doing multi I get hit by way too many 1 or 2 liners....

About #2 I am not sure. Unfortunately, even though there have been many posts asking for more explainationon how the fishing quests work, there have not been much explainations on the inner workings of it.

About #3 if you had one 120 PS you could eat it at 100.0 GM. There is no prerequisite whatsoever that I know of.

This said, though, if you are not planning to buy the fishing PS or have a nice friend who can give them to you, chances are that you will find yourself going step by step and hardly skip any.

Yes, I have heard of GM fisherman getting a 110 PS as a drop but it is more likely that you will get a 105 before and thus get to 105 skill first.

Earning a 120 PS is not that easy and so, probably you will either bind 12 110s into a 115 or earn a 115 PS before you get a 120 drop and so, as I said, chances are that you will just go through all or most of the skill steps there are (105, 110. 115 and 120).

Hope this answers your questions.

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Question #2, the fishmonger reputation is treated as one. There is no seperate reputation score for each city with a fishmonger. This is evident, since you get orders for higher quantities and multiple catches, from each quest giver (as you sail from a-b-c-d-a-c-e-b...). If this were not the case, you would get single line requests for the same for a very long time (since there are 42 types to catch (at gm skill) and 8 fishmongers). You can easliy test by completing several quests in Trammel (gaining high enough reputation to consistnetly get 2 line orders), then doing several requests in Felluca to see if there is a regression in the size of the orders being given.

On question #1, you can have have all the fishmonger quests (for your facet) active at the same time if you wish. The bug that was affecting the reputaion by doing so, was corrected recently. I suggest you do one quest at a time for awhile (at least until you are getting cosistent multiple line orders) as you will be able to more easily see your progress and reputation growing with each quest. It will bee more rewarding. It will also allow you to build a bit of a stockpile for the multiple line orders in the future.

On question #3, the Fishing powerscrolls do not behave any differently than the other powerscrolls. You can use any one of them at any time. Once you gt above 106 skill, the fishmongers can request dungeon fish (there are 12 types).

Stayin Alive,

BG

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are still bugs with doing multiquests. I went back recently after they made the "fixes" and it still does not work correctly.

If you have an order for say... 15 Blue fish going to Vesper.... and leave it in your boat, for whatever reason....

while doing other quests, if you happen to get another order for Blue fish, that is also going to Vesper, then you will see that the new order for
blue fish is now 10. Indicating that you have lost 5 points of reputation on blue fish.

Most times, this scenario will only affect the top line of fish, but sometimes it will hit more then just the top line.

I write down all my quests, where I picked em up, and where they are going to, and what the reward was, so I am able to look thru and track, and see where the problems come up.

Over all I stick with single quests at a time, makes life easier in the long run.

Bman

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will just throw out my 2 cents on the multi quests vs single quests.. I was leary about doing multi quests for the fact I didnt know if the reputation system bugs had all been tweaked out or not.

After Pub. 69 I did quests in multi's, gathering as many crates as I could as I went from town to town.. lo and behold after around 750 + quests I received a 120 PS. Since then I have continued to do mutli quests and 2 nights ago I received my second 120 scroll. So if it does affect the reputation... I am not seeing it!

Barry Gibb

Of Saintly Patience
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will just throw out my 2 cents on the multi quests vs single quests.. I was leary about doing multi quests for the fact I didnt know if the reputation system bugs had all been tweaked out or not.

After Pub. 69 I did quests in multi's, gathering as many crates as I could as I went from town to town.. lo and behold after around 750 + quests I received a 120 PS. Since then I have continued to do mutli quests and 2 nights ago I received my second 120 scroll. So if it does affect the reputation... I am not seeing it!
That is good to hear.

I got burned by doing multiple quest at first (before the fixed it). It took me quite awhile to recover. My plan right now is to do quests one at a time, to build up stock. I plan on taking on multiple quests once I reach 110 Fishing or earlier if I can convince a third guildmate to try fishing (he likes boating around, so this would just give him something to do while he sails).

Stayin Alive,

BG

L

lorail

Thank you all for your input and i will take all in considration

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bman congrats on your 2nd 120, I'm still working on mine. One of these days the numbers will fall right. I've tried multi and single questing, sometimes you can lose reputation in the number of fish you be asked to turn in. Sometimes not.

The one thing I have found, is that once you are getting 5 and 6 liners is that you can cancel quests, and you will still continue to recieve 5 and 6 liners. Granted you may drop 5 points in the quantity of fish that was on that quest, but sometimes that can work to your advantage. Least I'm turning in less crabs now and recieving some better orders. Just haven't hit that perfect one yet.