• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

3 pets i have had for years.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have a what I think are PP nightmare and a PP WW. Have had them for years I remeber useing them in a combo back then. Are there any vaule to them. And I have this odd blue mount have not seen a blue one before this color. pp5.png WW1.png pp4.png ww4.png b2.png pp5.png WW1.png pp4.png ww4.png b2.png ww2.png ww3.png b1.png pp2.png pp3.png b4.png pp1.png

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre-Patch Nightmares and WWs have some value, since they're stronger than their currently spawning versions of the same slot count. Need to see the stats on the WW to see how good it is. That blue mount is a Hiryu.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Post the stats on the WW. I have a Pre-Patch WW myself and it is my most powerful pet. AI/Chiv with the over-capped strength he hits harder than any other pet I've owned, plus its' a very cool looking pet and it's not a Cu or a Dragon.
Yep, Chiv+AI WWs love to spam AI, and can have up to 760 STR, so they can hit harder than most other pets. Only the Chiv+AI Triton really compares to it, due to landing more hits due to higher Wrest, as well as being tougher.
I have a pre-patch pure WW with 760 STR and 80 Cold Resist, but unfortunately i built him up and left Magery on him before realizing how superior Chiv was :(. He would've been the most powerful WW in UO had i added Chiv to him.
WW 1.PNG WW 3.PNG

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the ww. From what I can tell he is a odd one wont eat gold. WW1.png ww4.png ww5.png ww2.png ww3.png

Jimmydeanbean

Journeyman
This is the ww. From what I can tell he is a odd one wont eat gold.
From my understanding that is a very old and rare one if it will not eat gold, which makes it just that much cooler. I believe the Hue is slightly different as well as a result.

Per the calculator link above, you have a pretty good base Pre-Patch WW, 72.24% Spawn Intensity. Definitely worth training him up, are you planning to train him or sell?

Yep, Chiv+AI WWs love to spam AI, and can have up to 760 STR, so they can hit harder than most other pets. Only the Chiv+AI Triton really compares to it, due to landing more hits due to higher Wrest, as well as being tougher.
I have a pre-patch pure WW with 760 STR and 80 Cold Resist, but unfortunately i built him up and left Magery on him before realizing how superior Chiv was :(. He would've been the most powerful WW in UO had i added Chiv to him.
Yeah the Triton is a beast as well, especially since it can heal itself and you in a tight spot. I died a while ago with my Triton at a champ spawn, I came back after about 10 minutes due to my client not logging back in and he was just fine, didn't even go below 90% health. That's too bad about your WW though, that would have been an awesome pet! That's the hardest part about the training system, no second chances..

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Danpal - The WW is definitely pretty solid and would be great to keep and train. The mare is just so-so with a total strength of under 500 (cap was 525 str) but still is better than a new one since it's almost 500 str and still only 2 slot (versus a 3 slot new one with same str).

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is the ww. From what I can tell he is a odd one wont eat gold.
What shard is this on? When you give your WW a command, does it respond with a grunt sound, or a roar sound? The first two generations of WWs don't eat gold, but only the very first generation roars when commanded. There are only two confirmed first generation "Ancient" WWs still left in UO, my Hades and Khaelor's Ralph.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's on Atlantic and dont have sound on my pc. Wakes the family up so no need for sound

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had recently got an old white wyrm as a gift from an old friend and alliance mate on Europa. That one is rather a "weakling" at only 726 STR and is now trained up as an almost fully scrolled / trained 5-slot paladin. It's a meat eater, that refuses to eat any gold!

After seeing this thread here, I just tested the 'command sound' and I think it's a "grunting one" but I'm not sure of course. So for the moment, I guess I got a grunting, legacy one ;-)

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I had recently got an old white wyrm as a gift from an old friend and alliance mate on Europa. That one is now trained up as a paladin and is a meat eater that refuses to eat any gold!

After seeing this thread here, I just tested the 'command sound' and I think it's a "grunting one" but I'm not sure of course. So for the moment I guess I got a grunting, ancient one ;-)
"Grunting" WWs that refuse to eat gold are referred to as "Legacies". Those are Gen 2s. Gen 1s are "Ancients", which refuse to eat gold and roar when commanded. Like i said, so far, only two "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist.

There are currently 4 Generations of WWs.
Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded, and have an extremely aggressive AI.
Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold, yet grunt when commanded.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR at 3 slots (like the previous generations).
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just checked Danpal's "Justice" WW on Atlantic. It's not a Gen 1 "Ancient" WW, it's a Gen 2 "Legacy" WW, it grunts when commanded.
Hades and Ralph are still alone as the last surviving Gen 1 "Ancients" it seems.

Danpal

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Never in my luck but still a rare pet. I would think there not many gen 2 around as well.

Suetonious

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
My WW is from when ice first opened. It grunts on command but is not the best in terms of stats, only 734 str. With that said it makes lots of noise and seems more aggressive than all my other pets.

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Compared the sound of my old one with a freshly tamed and it seems the same 'grunting' sound - so mine is also a generation 2 - a legacy one. The old friend told me she got the beast from an even older friend in the pre pet bonding era.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
"Grunting" WWs that refuse to eat gold are referred to as "Legacies". Those are Gen 2s. Gen 1s are "Ancients", which refuse to eat gold and roar when commanded. Like i said, so far, only two "Ancients" are confirmed to still exist.

There are currently 4 Generations of WWs.
Gen 1: "Ancients". These refuse to eat gold, roar when commanded, and have an extremely aggressive AI.
Gen 2: "Legacies". These refuse to eat gold, yet grunt when commanded.
Gen 3: "Pre-Patch". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, and could spawn with up to 760 STR at 3 slots (like the previous generations).
Gen 4: "Revamp". These eat gold, grunt when commanded, but spawn with half the minimum STR (360, which is a 3 slot), and are 4 slots when spawning with higher STR.
@PlayerSkillFTW
Is there any benefit to having a Gen2 vs Gen3 WW?
Are they stronger somehow or have more aggressive AI than a pre patch?

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gen 1 and Gen 2 are usually more aggressive.
Been awhile since this thread was updated, but there are currently six Gen 1 WWs confirmed to still exist in UO.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Awesome! I bought a Gen2 last night.

Had the opportunity to buy either Gen2 or Gen3 and I thought it would be cooler to have an older one.

752 STR on it too

Tabin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Gen 1 and Gen 2 are usually more aggressive.
Been awhile since this thread was updated, but there are currently six Gen 1 WWs confirmed to still exist in UO.
Does it just spam mana required skills more? If so, it probably doesn't make much of a difference after mana goes to zero anyways.

Or does aggressive AI mean it just aggros things on its own?

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Does it just spam mana required skills more? If so, it probably doesn't make much of a difference after mana goes to zero anyways.

Or does aggressive AI mean it just aggros things on its own?
Both. Gen 1s are incredibly aggressive when it comes to aggroing stuff. Back before they changed the "Follow Me" command to be more strict, Gen 1s were very difficult to control when trying to drag them through a spawn, they'd just tear off on a rampage and start slaughtering almost anything grey/red. They still do that if you tell them "All Stop", or while they're under a "All Kill" command that's not immediately followed by an "All Follow" after they kill.

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
just fully scrolled this Gen2 WW and getting chiv up to 120 now.
1604539668408.png

Looking forward to taking it around to kill stuff

kn999

Visitor
What shard is this on? When you give your WW a command, does it respond with a grunt sound, or a roar sound? The first two generations of WWs don't eat gold, but only the very first generation roars when commanded. There are only two confirmed first generation "Ancient" WWs still left in UO, my Hades and Khaelor's Ralph.
I apparently have a third