• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Begging] 26gp!

F

Fink

Just curious, how many of you have begged 26gp from an NPC?

It's been four years for me in Begging and I've only just got the magic number this once. This must be fairly rare, or have I just been unlucky? I'm typically top karma so that's not an issue.

Anyone else scored 26gp from an NPC?

L

Lunaticus

Honestly, I'm not certain that I've ever begged 26gp before. I seem to recall 21gp several times, but not 26gp. Not sure if this makes much difference, but I've never been super high in the karma.

F

Fink

A beggar friend of mine got 26gp only a a month or so into the profession, that was many years back. Had I not seen it myself, I wouldn't have believed it. I always thought the theoretical maximum was 25gp.

Speaking of which, does anyone else feel like we should get a pay raise? Maybe 10x - you used to start a character with 100gp, now it's 1000gp - would be nice to get a hundred or so instead of a dozen or so. :D

W

Warrior of Time

If the senators, and congressmen can vote their self a raise I want one too. Hehe. back when we only got 100 gp we never even got a spell book to put the scrolls in like today.

Nice to get something others would want too. I mean worth having. Not just junk. UO/SA is coming. Let us Beggars in on the fun of getting things also.

Smiths and other crafter
gargoyle and other races.
warriors, tamers, mage.

They all get new things AND they will be things wanted by all. We now have a new bunch of beggars that have become beggars (name only) They are also able to get the stuff. They GMed just for the webs. Give Beggars an even better reason to beg. Put beggars in the cities of Britannia if no one else will go. We have a profession too. Give us a better reason to be a GM beggar.

Touzoko

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Possible for rare item recipes? Somewhat desireable artifacts? Or small chance at nice jewelry?

W

Warrior of Time

They was talking about recipes before when ML came out. After seeing what happened to those things I don't think I want to wast time or even thinking of them. Right now they all have no value at all. With them being able to make jewelry in UO/SA I am sure there will be nothing special there either. They will also be able to make their own artifacts as far as weapons, and armor.

Like you we all hope that the beggars will be given things in UO/SA.

Just like in ML when they brought out the begging in Heartwood. I want to see a new way to beg along with new and very nice items for those that actually want to put the time into begging.

That web was the best step forward to the beggars since the game started. It was nice enough to make others want to make beggars. My hope is that they continue the trend.

I had though along with others that digging through the trash containers would help make the beggar more visable. Maybe the GM begging skill on the trash containers in all corners of the cities. Right now we have a NPC giving a reply to the beggar. The tinkle and clanking of cans and bottles when a GM beggar uses the skill on them.

Again you want it to be worth becoming a GM beggar. Since there would be a larger number of beggers place a trash container outside of each building. Then we would have not just the shop keepers to beg but we could also dig in the trash dumpster diveing.

Lets face it if there is a shortage of an item people will make one to get it. Look at all the tailors and smiths. They want it they can do one of two things. Buy it or make a beggar. That is why I see no hardship makeing things of value for the begging skill.