• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 255 Stone Wooden Box No Chop?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi

Just a quick question if I may?

I have recently acquired a 255 stone Wooden Box containing a hide. I was under the impression these could be chopped to drop the item. (Permanently!) But upon attempting to do so, I recieved the message:

"Use this upon corpses to skin etc."

I was using a hatchet, and tried with an ornate axe also...

I tried with an empty wooden box too, and I even chopped a crate with same hatchet, just in case! haha!

So my question(s), I suppose, is (are) really :

Can you no longer chop wooden boxes, and when did that happen!!?

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yep, outside with the 255 stone box, both outside and inside (not locked down) with my other test box also....

I'm guessing they have become unchoppable for some strange reason??!

Wonder if it's intended or not....

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ive got what seems an unchoppable wooden box with a no draw tile it it also..is this a fix or a glitch??

Ferrut

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, so the kind THP advised me yesterday that you can chop these boxes in KR! Woo! & Yay! I thought! :D

So today, I popped the un-choppable wooden box inside a wooden crate. Switched to KR, ready my giant blue neon axe, and struck.
Splat on the floor goes the static stretched hide piece. And the wooden crate, seperately. :blushing:

Ok, so it worked, and I've been a fool! Naievly thinking it would drop into the crate, I was stood in a house I plan on dropping in the next few days to move somewhere else! Aaaargggh!!
Doh.

So my question now is, as it is in a house, is there any way to get it back into a box!!!? (Though I doubt it!):eek:

As far as I know from reading a few odd posts on the subject, these boxed items were created by covering the item and surrounding area with boxes at server down. At server up, the static itemwould have nowhere to go, and would therefore appear inside one of the boxes.
I also read that in order to stop this happening, OSI implemented a deletion of all non-static, unlocked items (or something like that) at server down.

So, I'm just wondering if it might be possible for this to work inside a house, with locked down boxes???
Or maybe it will just appear under the house sign... (i'm guessing that might happen if i customize on top of it?)

Oh and couple of other points I should mention.....

1) I logged out the char i was chopping in KR with on the spot where the hide was. I can now no longer log in with that char....eek!!

2) A few months back I found a table, chair and chest that do not decay, even if left overnight!!!! I can leave things in the chest, and they decay but the chest remains! Very bizarre!! Was wondering if the chest might help with the current conundrum, hehe.

*wonders if this is worse than lighting that sigil torch or not....*

L

Lord Mercer

Hi there. I've had odd boxes you couldn't chop for whatever reason. As for it being out of the box and getting it placed back in. Technically, you should not even own the items and some GMs would consider them illegal, and based on there mood they may just delete them on site. (I'm not saying they are illegal or bad items, before you people decide to flame post this thread, i am just clairifying.)

I however have also had different experiences with GMs and have had help them help me with moving the items from bag to box, or to different containers. Although the GM who did help me on this occassion told me that it was his last day on the job, and he typically would not perform this type of task.

So the short answer to if you can get them back into the box is probably not. A stretched hide is only worth a mil or two anyway. But if you find a kind GM, it is possible.