• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

25,000 Gold Coins are Yours for the Taking!

G

Grond

That's right, in a shocking new development, the is having a <a target="_blank" href=http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=uosonomaevents&Number=3930265>story-telling contest on Friday night at 7:00pm Pacific Time, with a check for 25,000 gold pieces as the prize!

Well, maybe not so new, since this Sonoma tradition has been happening for years. And certainly not shocking, since it's happened at 7:00pm Pacific Time nearly every Friday night since practically the Dawn of Time.

But the 25k is yours for the taking - all you have to do is tell a story that's good and/or entertaining enough to get you more votes than anyone else!

Note: The YMCA is in Felucca. No aggressive acts are condoned on the premises... However, please leave your uninsured valuables at home!

R

Reachwind

Wow, that looks like an old picture. I think I see Tansun, Simon the bum, Kewl and an old (deleted version) of Salty Pete in that pic as well as a ton of folks that I rarely see play any more. Is that Pyrus on the mare?

G

Must be quite old, the polor bear trophy is missing /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

C

Cleo of Sonoma

I wonder if the blackrobed, red cloaked guy with a golden helmet is Sigel...
Hummmm!

*tries to press allnames*

C

Cleo of Sonoma

Maybe...That red cloak is evil, since if I remember correctly Sigel loves to wear a red cloak and a white tunic...humm...Ahh, the past!

I

Itsminenow

It's not Sigel. Also, you're right, he wore a white tunic, not a black robe. He came back to UO for a short while some months ago, found it unchanged (boring), and decided to save his money.

G

Grond

<blockquote><hr>

Wow, that looks like an old picture.

<hr></blockquote>
Not so much old, as... ancient. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif I pulled it from the stock YMCA footage at the web site, to spruce up the news post, since I don't seem to have any recent pictures of storytelling where people are there and have their clothes on.

Sample pic from my own collection:

(picture of the YMCA just prior to a bagball game)

D

_Dax_

hehe that's from when my team decided to change uniform colors /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif