• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Suggestion] 21st century sound effect

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello

I realize you have a limited budget for the enhanced client, however, would absolutly adore new quality sound effect for the most common soundeffects.

the ones that annoy me the most are footsteps and riding sounds, which is like copy/pasted from 2d client and doesnt belong in EC.

Please, i would love you forever and ever !

*thumbsup*

Gil

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/signed

I said that since KR came out... IMHO the audio is a must :)

Nalif

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. The horse galloping sound is SO bad. There are plenty of other sounds that are bad too, but this one sticks out above all others simply because you hear it so much.

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
2d has a lot of hidden footstep sounds based on terrain type in good quality, but they never used it :(

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I swear UO used some kind of public domain sound library for various sounds. I was watching Hogs Gone Wild the other day and heard the exact same sound you hear when fighting a wolf in UO. I've also heard some other UO sounds in other shows, like some of the nature shows when they recreate attacks.

Gilmour

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
standard sounds are not, are many quality sound libraries out there. which you can adapt to your needs.

i dont mind standard sounds, only that it works with whatever it is used for :p

W

Woodsman

I'm sure they have access to a nice sound library or a dozen, with what they put into Warhammer and Star Wars.

Given how many games they push out every year, they probably have a wide license. The Sims Medieval would probably have a lot of sounds that could be used in UO.