• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

20th Anniversary VETERAN Rewards : any speculations on what they might be ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember Mesanna talking a while back about the 20th Anniversary, being a special one, having a VETERAN Reward that would have been "specific" for whopping, 20 Years Veteran Active Accounts and not a "generic" Reward for merely 15+ Years Active Accounts to which, I wholeheartedly agree being truly 20 years of an account kept as active, always, no matter what, a remarkable milestone for a loyal customer and 20 Years ain't the same as 15 years which would deserve its own and unique Veteran Reward for such an incredible 20 Years Loyalty as a Customer.....
Question is, are there any informations on what "special" Veteran Accounts Rewards Broadsword might be thinking about for this unique and special reached Milestone ?

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i heard mention of the Jewelry box being a 20th vet reward....cannot remember now as it's been a while since we heard anything about the actual anniversary and not just that party for Americans...
Prob with giving "special" bonuses for 20 year old accounts is that probably a very large percentage of them are not the original owner.
Accounts used to be sold for real cash due to how old they were....you can still pick them up on ebay if you want to take the chance it's not a scam.

It's been shown time and time again that they don't care about the long-term core player, only the cash tourists.

EDIT: After a bit of digging on the tinterweb, Jewelry boxes are going to be an Anniversary gift and not a Vet reward. ;)

Last edited:

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm hoping a paint gun, usable by any age account. With this paint gun we can load it with natural dyes and then paint the existing walls in our castles to the same ratio, 1 tile or 1 wall piece to one charge of dye.

Why introduce the new stone work if we cannot dye the original, especially if for the new castles it is "impossible" to make it a fully customizable plot?

I for sure would do my entire castle in Natural Black Dye with some accent colors.

But this is just a pipe dream (maybe not, we did get magic poles to raise our pet color spawn chance by .01% in the store that are useless to those in the EC).

What will we get, I have no clue. But this is what I would like. Could be like a "retouching tool" that must be charged with dyes to use.

Ox_AO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would like to see a teleport tile that is set to a marked rune. Once used it will work for 60 minutes both ways.

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Rideable dragon that they mentioned maybe

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Probably a Soulstone Shield (Account Bound) for only players who have a 20 years old account. Once a month it creates a soulsstone?:thumbdown:

Right Mesanna...wouldn't that be fair!? (Kinda reminds you of another Veteran Reward)

Veteran Reward system is a pile of BS. While the rewards are nice the fact that many are exclusive to a small portion of the playerbase is BS.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vet rewards ....
How can so many not get the idea of what one is?
I blame the trophy kids for this trouble. they feel they deserve to get it even if they didn't put in the time the rest of us did!

A reward for a vet of the game is based on their years devoted to play in our UO.

Mesanna was kind enough to after a dozen years in to demote a few items for all to use... ok a ethy is the same no matter its shape or color. I agree.
Same with tubs for dying everything under the sun. This was no biggie.

But I do draw the line at items given for older years in the game.
That money and time paid for the rest of us to have the game last this long is a marker of passage in my mind.

This last week at the Meet & Greet on Baja.
I saw a player who I know as a major troublemaker ask Mesanna to sell the Shard Shield (full not the deco) for $100 to 150.00.
He made a case that if the game needed sales this would be something they would shell out that kind of cash to get...

I have a huge problem with this.
I know many under the age of ownership and use would not agree here but listen for a second to my reason...
If mind you the shields did sell in the game store... Use of is very hard to ignore why the mass numbers want them. Are we to give into the Greed? We all know players no old enough to own them have been buying up older accounts just for the rewards to get valuable things like the shard shields. for use in who knows what..Not all users are good squeaky clean players with honest use in mind.
This 20th year reward is a honor for all the years that account has put into the games life...

Now as to the other highly sought after vet rewards on the list that have a 15th years cut off ... again I do understand many of you want to have before the item is beyond getting (some feel the game wont be here when their accounts would get old enough)
My best idea to this is don't let the game die... invite friends, family, to join you. heck if you don't see your brother/sister but for major holidays the game is one way to keep up with him or her. No long distance calls needed...

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think i heard mention of the Jewelry box being a 20th vet reward....cannot remember now as it's been a while since we heard anything about the actual anniversary and not just that party for Americans...
Prob with giving "special" bonuses for 20 year old accounts is that probably a very large percentage of them are not the original owner.
Accounts used to be sold for real cash due to how old they were....you can still pick them up on ebay if you want to take the chance it's not a scam.

It's been shown time and time again that they don't care about the long-term core player, only the cash tourists.

EDIT: After a bit of digging on the tinterweb, Jewelry boxes are going to be an Anniversary gift and not a Vet reward. ;)
Well, it would be easy, I would guess, to reward original owners.... require the CD original Jewel Case registration code (the one that was sticked on the 1997 CD Jewel case) to claim the special 20th Year Veteran Reward.... no code, no reward........

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ahh popps you can buy them on Ebay..... not a good idea.
The jewel case I am referring to.
Id like to see a gift of a house token.. something premade(perhaps a few different styles to choose from) that can be placed by the owning account characters ether on the same shard or another prodo shard. the house cant be traded nor the token. like the shard shields it is linked to that account only.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There are a lot of things I'd like to see regarding housing:

1. The ability to make a deed of your house that you can use to place it somewhere else... or put in a vendor and sell... something that would allow the house to be "saved' for future use...
  2. The ability to make a deed of your house that would give you a mini-house of your house...
  3. The ability to have a "house pet" something that greets you when you log in... moves about your house while you are in it... and goes to bed while your gone... but could be a cat, dog, mongbat, spider, imp, how about even the old red phoenix just to satisfy the select few, or maybe a wolf or baby tiger... panther etc...
  4. House search tool... when you know you have something and you just can't figure out where you left it! As someone who's generally very organized I still lose things... One time I spent 2 days searching for my bucket... I knew I had one... I just couldn't remember where it was...
  5. A pack this house option... that places everything in the moving crate. Used to be every time you went into deco mode this would occur... sometimes when you are moving or totally revamping your house it'd be nice if you could just clear the house.
  6. A house Transfer Crate... for moving to a new shard... Encourage folk to populate less populated shards by giving them either a purchasable Transfer Crate from the Store... that transfers up to 10k in items... per account... or let us do it with the housing menu... or something... would work like clearing your house and putting everything in the house crate and then it would move the crate and when you have a new house on the new shard then you can go into that houses menu and tada moved! But limit it to one such move every 3 months or year...

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
The number of times I have searched through every container 3 or 4 times before finding something and wished we had a house search tool....but Messana said at one M&G that it was unlikely they could do it.:(

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those of 20 years i would think actual items are by now just a pain due to limited storage so...
Increase the storage cap for 20 year old accounts - If they have paid for 20 years then they have earned it.
A tool to make a mini replica of your current house (for collections).
An Arctic blue sash which reads...'I put up with 20 years of crap and i'm still here!' (arctic blue as its now the ultra rare colour since they deleted it all in game).
A cloak which reads 'I'm older than you ever will be you young wipper' snappers!!'.
A horse and cart mount, where you ride in the cart......you are 20 after all and far to old to be riding mounts.
A mug which read....'Back in my day.....'
A new spell that roots a random player for 5 minutes, so you can moan at them without them running away. :D

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
ah good old vet rewards, where I was stupid and picked stuff when I first started. now most of the ones I picked are worthless, robes cloaks statues ect... it wouldn't bother me so much if the devs didn't add stuff to make them worthless lol. there wont be a vet reward turn in to get rid of these worthless items. its funny to come across a house that dropped weeks ago and see some of the vet rewards still there. I had np making all vet rewards useable by anyone except shard shields. I'm not sure what I would like to see for new vet rewards, maybe an armor stand where I can add armor and it shows me the total resists, lmc, lrc, ect..., when i put cursor over it. it is such a pain to make a suit for a human when u are a garg ect.... I just need refinements and other thing to stack lol. we will see soon and/or it maybe awhile before they are ready.

Last edited:

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I really like the armour stand idea, that would be great when people are building suits! That would actually be quite useful.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
ah good old vet rewards, where I was stupid and picked stuff when I first started. now most of the ones I picked are worthless, robes cloaks statues ect... it wouldn't bother me so much if the devs didn't add stuff to make them worthless lol. there wont be a vet reward turn in to get rid of these worthless items. its funny to come across a house that dropped weeks ago and see some of the vet rewards still there. I had np making all vet rewards useable by anyone except shard shields. I'm not sure what I would like to see for new vet rewards, maybe an armor stand where I can add armor and it shows me the total resists, lmc, lrc, ect..., when i put cursor over it. it is such a pain to make a suit for a human when u are a garg ect.... I just need refinements and other thing to stack lol. we will see soon. it maybe awhile before they are ready.
I hear you on the vet rewards no one wants... Maybe it's time they rethink the cloaks/robes and allow players to perhaps chose one stat or something... like MR 2, SSI 5%, SDI 5%, DCI 5%, HCI 5%, LMC 5%, LRC 10%, SR 2, Skill choice +5, etc... and give us a box to turn them in 5 of the old ones for 1 new one with the choices...

A statue exchange where you can turn in your 5 liche statues for a newer model...

Back when I first started I have finally earned my pick... left it there not knowing what I wanted... one day I come home from work my choice is gone... I ask my son about it and he says "I didn't use it... Oh.... I let my friend Chris make a char... Maybe he did."... Yep sure enough his friend picked a cloak... and not only did he do that... but shortly after he decided he didn't like the character and deleted it.... So not only did I not get my 1st year choice... but it was deleted. He thought you got a choice per character!

Melchiah

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Surely it's got to be the ethereal horse & cart - or the modern version, an ethereal mobility scooter.
Of course, they only go at running speeds in towns and not out on the country paths... and you can run over any other chars in town without repercussions!

Having said that, it'll probably be a giant reset button just so we can start as newbies again...!

ShriNayne

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Surely it's got to be the ethereal horse & cart - or the modern version, an ethereal mobility scooter.
Of course, they only go at running speeds in towns and not out on the country paths... and you can run over any other chars in town without repercussions!

Having said that, it'll probably be a giant reset button just so we can start as newbies again...!

Ethy mobility scooter, I almost died laughing! In hot metallic pink, obviously... :D

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The number of times I have searched through every container 3 or 4 times before finding something and wished we had a house search tool....but Messana said at one M&G that it was unlikely they could do it.:(
Log in with the EC to look for your items, everything shows in an easy to read list. Or do like hardcore CC players and pretend you don't have a script and just complain about your carpel tunnel you received while clicking bags.

Great DC

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This should be the next UO vet reward house deco
toilet.jpg

A toilet that also is used like a trash can. You can stack all your useless content, like bods and minor artifacts and things like that next to it. When your done going, just use the bods to wipe and then flush. HAHAHAHAHA

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'd like to see a squelch feature so there are consequences to being an idiot in general chat. Oh... did I do that wrong?

Cymidei

UO Pacific News Reporter
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
A golden idiot award, for paying $12.99 per month for 20 years or $3,000 for this silly game. Seriously people, I doubt anyone would even fish UO out of the bargain bin at Bestbuy and play it. We must love this creaky old game...a lot.

Ok...how about a magic genie lamp, one use item, one claim per account, it restores all your previous veteran reward picks. Then it turns into a cute deco item.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A ReHued Charger that gives the same damage reduction as a Paroxy swamp dragon.