• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2013 UOHomeDecor Halloween Decorating Contest

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

It's almost Halloween and in Ultima Online, that often means it's time to decorate our houses all spooky-scary like. Which makes it a great time for a decorating contest.

Decorators, you can submit anything you want, whether it be a room, an object, or an entire house - or multiple houses tied together (there have been a few cool ones entered like this). The sky is the limit but it should be Halloween/Seasonally Themed.

A few rules:
1. The house(s) must be in UO. You cannot use HomeBuilder or any other applications as they contain tiles/items you cannot find in game. You actually need to decorate a home in UO to make this fair to everyone. These homes should be available for staff to visit if requested...meaning this has to be on a real UO Shard, not a freeshard/server.
2. Screenshots HAVE to be of homes in UO. Real life Homes do not apply for this contest. (yes I have received pics like this).
3. You can submit as much as you want, but you can only win once.
4. Any entries received by a different e-mail than the one listed below will be ignored.
5. Late submissions will not be accepted under any circumstances. There are deadlines for a reason.
6. When you post the pictures or e-mail them to me, please include the shard you are on.
7. Contest runs from Oct. 15, 2013 till 11:59 p.m. Oct. 31, 2013.
8. Please include with your entry the name of the shard, location and character name you want recognized.

To make things easy, we have three ways for you to submit your entries. The first is to post them as attachments as replies to this thread.

Alternatively, you can just e-mail me the pics. My email is [email protected] I’ll edit them down to proper size/dimensions and host them on uohomedecor.com under the Deco Contests menu as well as post them to this thread for everyone to see.

Finally, you can contact me via ICQ (199889122) and ask me to come do screenshots of your houses.

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN 11:59 p.m. CDT Oct. 31, 2013.

A panel of judges will decide on the winners. If you are interested in being a judge, please reply to this thread or PM me. Winners will be announced Nov. 5.

Prizes are as follows (if anyone wants to sponsor prizes for future contests, please contact me):
1st place: Kings Collection and a choice of up to a 13th vet reward
2nd place: Forged Metal Tool
3rd place: Pen of Wisdom

Prizes may contain additions at a later point, which we will add here if it comes through. If you are on Siege, you can choose between the prizes listed or gold as I have 2m gold.

Many thanks to UltimaOnline Sonoma for sponsoring the vet reward as a prize and coinciding their contest on Sonoma with ours.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what I did this year. Not for competition, just for the fun and to use my Halloween items. Its Europa shard 1 screen south of Trinsic moongate. Its not that scary but if you think it will fit for the competition I can submit ! halloween 1 -13.png halloween 2 -13.png halloween 3 -13.png halloween 4 -13.png

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'd count it as a submission - entries don't have to be scary - just halloween themed. Nice work!

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems I cant edit my last post, just wanted to say the place Is called New Player House and is owned by Mim Foxglove.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Just a friendly reminder. you have less than a week to get entries in.

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Ehh, I'll bite.

I didn't do as much as I intended to because I've had so much else going on, but here's what I've got. (I had to keep from going nuts anyway to maintain functionality.) This is the Vesper Auction House on Chesapeake, located just north of the Vesper Cemetery in Trammel beside the road. It is operated and decorated by my character Ivy.

For auctions in October I wore costumes during the auction. (Once an ethereal warrior and once a fire elemental, though one patron complained the fire elemental was too bright so I took it off.)

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Thanks for all the entries so far. Today's the last day to submit!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Full.png Third floor.png Full.png
Charnel Hill Cemetary
Designed and Decoed by: Smoot
Atlantic Shard 34.11 'N 45.46 'E

The house is just above Umbra, Northwest on the map. There are a few secret doors and some graves you can fall thru into the basement.
Lots of Blood, Bones, Skulls, and oldschool evil.

Last edited:

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I'll be posting them later today. Was trying to edit through videos and got pulled in a hundred directions this week.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
By later today - I obviously mean when life decides to invade and not give me time till Tuesday >.>

Winners here: http://uohomedecor.com/2013/11/12/uohomedecor-halloween-2013-contest-winners-announced/

As well as the text pasted below:

As usual, many amazing entries were received for this contest. If you haven’t viewed them yet, they can be found here: http://uohomedecor.com/2013-halloween-contest-entries/

Congratulations to Katrina, who, for the second year running, has placed 1st in our Halloween Decorating Contest. A video of her castle is available below the article (see link above for the video). Katrina will be receiving a code for the King’s Collection and a vet reward (courtesy of Sonoma Community folks).

Second place goes to Smoot of Atlantic who will receive a code for a Forged Metal Tool.

Third place goes to Mim Foxglove on Europa who will receive a code for a Pen of Wisdom.

Honorable mention, which has no prize, goes to Coral of Atlantic for her decorated room in her castle.

Thanks to everyone that participated. I will be announcing a mini contest for Thanksgiving later this week.

Minerva Foxglove

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Now that was a happy surprise! Thank you so much! When I saw the other entries I didnt expext to be among the winners. And a pen! Did you know how much I need thoose??:hula:

This wasnt done for the contest, Its something I do every year. I change deco after the seasons , as one of the houses is New Player House of Europa and most new and returning players come here ower and ower and I want to show all crazy options we have and inspire them in all aspects of the game. (cant wait for Christmas!) The Pen will be used to make beginners runebooks, great help indeed!