• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2011 Tamer Templates

T

tatey

The warriors get a dedicated 2011 template thread, so should we!! :p

[Template]
[Strategy]

110 Taming
110 Lore
100 Vet
120 Music
120 Disco (or use Soulstone to switch to another bard skill)
100 Magery
60 Meditation
---------------
720 Cap
+ Jewelry to whatever your heart desires

Max Str/Int
Minimal Dex

I'm using a tamer/bard combo template, but not sold on it yet. I haven't been able to train all my skills up yet, but this is my goal. 110 Taming & Lore seem to be all that is needed for the most useful pets, and I chose to NOT use jewelry on these in the long run. Whenever I die, it's nice to have natural 110 taming/lore to control pets instead of scrambling with jewelry. Use the jewelry on lesser skills that aren't as essential. 100 Vet is all I need since I also heal with Magery. As much meditation is useful since there are some times that you can end up casting quite a bit. I used to run with eval intel and more meditation instead of music/disco... but that's far less effective for many reasons.

Stickypaws

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gonna try out my old pack hunting characters. Ill look at scrolls after I have made it to the following.

100 Mace Fighting
95 Chiv
90 Bushido
100 Music
100 Peacemaking
100 Discord
45 Taming
90 Animal lore
90 Vetting

720 Cap

Haven't decided whether I will go back to polar berrys or scorpions yet. Either way it will be good fun. Ill scroll stuff and shift skills about if I stick with this character. It should not be to hard to make. Used to kill normal dragons before they even got an attack off. Im guessing it can still be nasty if someones about with a healthy pet to tank with on some of the more focused bosses.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here's my 2 i use with skill jewelery swaps tied into my macro's:

Stealth Tamer:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
90 Herding
90 Ninjitsu
110 Magery
100 Hiding
120 Stealth

Bard Tamer:

120 Taming
120 Lore
120 Vet
115 Magery
120 Music
120 Disco
120 Peace or 120 Med
(switch between peace and med sometimes, discord+despair or tribulation+greater is nice)

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Farsight-Catskills (retired)
120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 magery
120 meditation
120 spellweaving

Simple, powerful, handy in nearly every situation.