• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] 2008 Neon Gift Boxes

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i am most of the way through finishing my neon box collection, i must say pinco's UI on EC has mad eit much easier to i.d the boxes

however!!!!!!

speaking to other collectors there seems to be another set doing the rounds"

example, the neon rare box is hued pure white

i have seen other that are hues luna white

i have seen ice purple, blaze, frostwood etc and haochi pigment hue and plant pigments hues

any idea where these have come from? can you dye gift boxes?, are these a later gift drop, 2009? or are they regular drop boxes from 2008?

without the pinco UI the two white ones look the same, but pure white seems to be worth 80m give or take, and the luna white, which is NOT neon 2008, and will not be worth the same, may just be sold as, but is not

thanks for any help

ans plus i need someone to talk to about as my guildmates have got sooo bored with boxes!

but its an obssession that rares collectors will understand:)

Green Lantern

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I collect as well and know what you mean i usually take the pic that was posted on startics of all 51 neon boxes and match them up. Hope this helps and good luck

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i started using the same picture aswell :)

have you tried the EC makes life so much easier

hopefully somebody in the know can help us, without the EC i think it will be very hard to tell the whites, and i imagine there is a shadow dancer black rogue box out there,from the real ones

i have seen the blaze and a brown box, a darker blue one than on the picture (midnight blue haochi pigment) and like i said ice purple, which is easy to tell its not one of the Neon 51, but still like to know where it came from! who knows there may be another set to collect:)

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It also states in Manticore's listing of the 51 that on Asian shards, there was quite possible another drop of boxes, so the figure may be nearer 70 boxes, am wondering if these are such boxes, as the regular gift boxes do not have a special tag when the UI identifies them, they have low number values (ie 300, or white plain default colour, etc), whereas Neon have high number values(1059/1101, black has a number value of 1, pure white 1150) and the pigment colour ones get the colour name tag, ie ice purple tag, the Luna white is 1153, so they have come from somewhere!

so extras so far i have seen

Blaze (reward cloth) 1151
Luna White (neon pigment, reward cloth, plant pigment) 1153
Ice Purple (plant pigment) 511
Midnight Blue (haochi pigment) 1156