• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

20% SSI vs 30% SSI

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been playing around with some Diasho I imbued. Soloed my first paragon Balrons going toe to to with them instead of jousting with a slow/hard hitting weapon. Yay me! =p

Anyway, one of the main reasons I have not used Diasho much is that I seem to run out of mana much more quickly than say a harder hitting axe weapon with 30% SSI. But I have to say that Fient pretty much rocked the para Balron.

Let's compare a 150 sta melee using Daisho with 20% SSI and 30% SSI. Then as your getting beat up a bit @ 75 sta.

150 STA, 20% SSI = 1.25 dly. 56% HML is max imbueable. At 75 STA = 1.75 dly.
150 STA, 30% SSI = 1.25 dly. 50% HML is max imbueable. At 75 STA = 1.5 dly.

The difference in maxiumum mana leeched based on an average 50 dmg hit would be (0.4 * 50 * 0.56) - (0.4 * 50 * 0.50) = 1.2 mana leeched per hit. BUT this is if you leeched the maxium amount of mana every hit. Which you dont.

So whats more important on a Diasho? The extra 10% SSI (0.25 dly) when getting hurt, or the extra 0 - 1 mana per swing over a long fight?

Please discuss.

BTW the charts on UO Guide are a bit off. The max HML I used was what I could actually imbue.

C

Connor_Graham

I'd go for SSI over mana myself. It's very common to get streaks of 5 or more hits where HSL doesn't go off, and having the additional 10 SSI means an extra 30 stamina that can be lost without losing anything from your swing speed.