• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] -20 SC, +1fc: What's the Secret?

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Anyone able to tell me how to imbue something like this?

I can think of many uses for a beauty like this. *gears turning*

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was a bug and cant be done anymore. (Or at least someone else on these boards claimed so.)

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not a bug. It's simply done by imbuing. I happened to made one up yesterday
1. Imbue SC (and you'll also get -1 FC)
2. Imbue FC to remove the -1.
3. Imbue FC again to get +1
4. Imbue Mage wep

the sequence can be any order.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's weird because technically that weapon has 6 properties.

SC -1 is one property
SC no -1 penalty is two properties
SC with FC +1 should be three properties then

Add the mage-weapon, hit lightning and damage increase you've got 6.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That bokuto has 5 mods:
mage weapon
hit lightning
SC
+1FC
DI

You should try it and you'll understand how it works. Just simple math ;)

SC -1 is one property
SC no -1 penalty is two properties
SC with FC +1 should be three properties then

"SC" is one mod, and "-1FC" is another. And "-1FC" is subtracted/removed when you imbued "+1FC". In the end, they are just 2 mods.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I've been a crafter for the entire time I've played this game going on nine years. Spell channeling always comes with the -1 FC penalty. It takes FC +1 to negate the -1, which now counts as two mods.

I have several weapons which are spell channeling no penalty that have three other mods on them. I've attempted to add another mod to them and get the message "you cannot add more properties to this item" every time. Spell channeling no penalty counts as two mods.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
See there. You only see 4 properties on that hatchet. The imbuing gump however shows you that there are actually 5.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This would not be a problem if the Bok didn't have the HL50. I've be trying to figure out how those 15 DCI SC+1 shields where made but I never figured it out either...

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's either an exploit or as Silverbird stated it was a bug which has been fixed and can't be done anymore.

Unfortunately, Faster Casting is a 100% mod and I don't have the Essence of Achievement necessary to test it out. I have many runic crafted SC no penalty weapons which I COULD attempt to ad FC+1 to, to see if it will still allow SC FC+1 at all. Just don't have the essence.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Indeed that hatchet looks odd.

Why is HL50 a problem on that bokuto? Looks very normal. The weapon has 500 max points for imbuing:
1. HL50%: 140 points
2. -20 Mage wep: 100
3. DI 10%: 20
4. SC: 100
5. FC: 140
That adds up to exactly 500 points.

As for 15DCI, +1FC, SC: it's doable too. Shield has 450 max points.
1. SC: 100
2. FC: 140
3. 15DCI: 110
That only adds up to 350.

Recently I was trying to make an one-handed Luck wep for my tamer, and while experimenting I realized it is possible to make SC +1FC.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually I am only hoping that it got fixed. It is obviously that it is not working as intended that way.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Why is HL50 a problem on that bokuto? Looks very normal. The weapon has 500 max points for imbuing:
I think the bug part of this occurs between steps 4 and 5. Imbuing spell channeling automatically gives -1 and then one would need to imbue faster casting twice. So technically that weapon would be 6 properties but it's only showing up as 5. I doubt it's intended but it would nice to know that for sure from a developer. I wouldn't mind having such a weapon myself. FYI there is a ML recipe for a spell channeling weapon with FC1. It's a two handed weapon though and I forget the name of it.

L

Lord GOD(GOD)

RE: Shelleybean, yeah its the Mage's Rune Blade. You can runic craft it with 2 FC, or SC +1 FC, I wonder if you can Imbue it to 3 FC hehe.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
nice weap but no DCI on a mage? must be for a tactics mage?
Well, with +1 fc on the mage weapon, he is not limited to an orny for his bracelet. He probably has an imbued bracelet with 1/3, dci, ep, and lmc.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Well, with +1 fc on the mage weapon, he is not limited to an orny for his bracelet. He probably has an imbued bracelet with 1/3, dci, ep, and lmc.
Don't forget about Dijinni's Ring... you can imbue that and have FC 2 and some other nice properties. Of course, the 2 FC costs 280/500 in intensity. Durability is 150/150 because it is a replica (instead of the normal 255/255). Anyway, that's an option that is way cheaper than an Orny.

-OBSIDIAN-

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
By the way, I appreciate everyone's insight re: the above weapon. As soon as I earn some gold to rearrange a suit, I definitely want to try to incorporate something like this. :thumbsup:

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Have we figured out the exact method to do this? I am sure it has to do with the order you put on the spell channeling and the FC. I am guessing you must do FC 1 first (which adds a mod), then put on Spell Channelling which adds a mod and in effect negates the FC mod, and then add FC again.

So imbue FC 1, imbue SC, then imbue FC 1 again. Is that the method?

Does it also work on shields the same way? My parry-mage hopes so! :)

-OBSIDIAN-

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

As for 15DCI, +1FC, SC: it's doable too. Shield has 450 max points.
1. SC: 100
2. FC: 140
3. 15DCI: 110
That only adds up to 350.

Recently I was trying to make an one-handed Luck wep for my tamer, and while experimenting I realized it is possible to make SC +1FC.
A while ago I saw shields that were exactly like the Arcane in that it was: SC no neg, FC1, DCI 15. While I agree that the above shield listed is 350 getting the extra FC is the issue I was stumped with.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man I've been a crafter for the entire time I've played this game going on nine years. Spell channeling always comes with the -1 FC penalty. It takes FC +1 to negate the -1, which now counts as two mods.

I have several weapons which are spell channeling no penalty that have three other mods on them. I've attempted to add another mod to them and get the message "you cannot add more properties to this item" every time. Spell channeling no penalty counts as two mods.

What is it you find odd with that hatchet? It clearly has 5 mods and thats exactly what the imbuing gump tells you.

1# Spell Channeling
2# Faster casting 1
3# Magic Arrow
4# Life leech
5# Damage Increase

L

LionUWF

what if the bokuto started out with +1 fc before it was imbued with Sc?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
The dev's need to add these imbuing ingredients to test center. I created a gargoyle artificer there to test this... and then discovered I don't have any of the special SA ingredients to imbue FC and SC. Doh!

Anyone figure out the technique yet?

-OBSIDIAN-

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The dev's need to add these imbuing ingredients to test center. I created a gargoyle artificer there to test this... and then discovered I don't have any of the special SA ingredients to imbue FC and SC. Doh! -OBSIDIAN-
Exactly... What good is a "test" shard where you can't "test" stuff due to lack of resources?
:confused:

NBG

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
this can still be done. The order of the 2nd fc imbue does matter!