• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] 20 ex val plate LBOD

• Thread starter Sharantyr
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
S

Sharantyr

Hi.
Just wondering how rare this is these days.
Thanks.

5% Luck

Well if you wear your +60 Ashammer its a lot less rare. Bod grabs are 100% skill based now a days. Still pretty rae though. I turned in a book of 500 wearing the ashammer and typically get 2-3 val hammer smalls(still not Lbod(val)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's been tested - ASH doesn't effect BOD drop. Only real skill does.

5% Luck is having more luck than he thinks.

(45% * 2.8% * 6/13) = 0.58% chance of a Valorite plate small drop at 120 Smith. Which is still about 2-3 every 500 BODs, if the RNG is kind, but better luck than what I had in 2500 BODs (only got 3 in that time - but didn't turn in more than 120 BODs a trip).

5% Luck

Im sorry man since i put that ash hammer in my hand while turning in I went from getting absolutely ZERO val hammer bods to geting very few. Ive been running bods for years here and regardless of what anyone says or what math they throw around I have seen these results 1st hand in game without any doubt!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you wear your +60 Ashammer its a lot less rare. Bod grabs are 100% skill based now a days. Still pretty rae though. I turned in a book of 500 wearing the ashammer and typically get 2-3 val hammer smalls(still not Lbod(val)
Nah. I've tried that and it made no difference. I turned in 750 BODs so far this weekend, and I'm getting the same averages as I always get. I average about 1 Val small for each 100 BODs I gather. I average about 1 Val Hammer BOD for every 11,000 BODs I gather (not a single one out of 750 from my Leg Smith holding a +60 ASH). The ASH made no difference for me at all.

I'll try it again with one of my smiths that is only GM. We'll see if he gets the Legendary averages (50% iron weapons BODs, 5% Iron Combinables, and 45% colored BODs).

I wouldn't want every Smith to run out and buy a +60 ASH just because someone said it would help improve their chances of Val Hammer BODs.

5% Luck

for years I turning in 100s of bods weekly and never did i once get a val hammer bod untill i started using the ash hammer for turn ins. That's zero in 200,000 bods now every 500 i get one or 2. That is a difference but, once ya start rummaging around in the RNG some times it bites back !

BTW I saw a guy at brit bank selling 10 val hammer 10 60 ash 15 verite and alot more in his profile this past week. I just wonder how that is possible considering the numbers im getting. Maybe he bought them just to sell. Weird!?!

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for years I turning in 100s of bods weekly and never did i once get a val hammer bod untill i started using the ash hammer for turn ins. That's zero in 200,000 bods now every 500 i get one or 2. That is a difference but, once ya start rummaging around in the RNG some times it bites back !

BTW I saw a guy at brit bank selling 10 val hammer 10 60 ash 15 verite and alot more in his profile this past week. I just wonder how that is possible considering the numbers im getting. Maybe he bought them just to sell. Weird!?!
They made Val BODs about 100 times easier (1 out of 100 instead of 1 out of 10,000) to get last February, so you should be getting quite a few more than you did before that.

If I see a character selling 10 Val Hammers, I'd be 99.99% certain they were dupes. There was a huge problem with duped Val/Ver Hammers a couple months ago. A bunch of accounts got banned over it. There might be a few accounts that snuck them past the EA/Mythic Guards. You definitely don't want to buy a duped hammer. In this case, possession of a duped item could get your account banned even if you are not the person who actually duped the hammer.

R

Redrum1

People are also trying to sell Val smithy hammers to someone who does not know better. so ALWAYS check the hammer first and make sure it is the right one.

Lord Mark
Master of the Universe!(atleast thats what the voices in my head say)