• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] 2-Story Statues and Magical Doors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How much are these worth I am wondering. The two-story statues face east and the magical doors (stone faces with sparkles) face south. Also anyone wanting to buy let me know.

A

Azazel of LA

Agreed , from what I remember there were talking and non talking sttaues back in the day.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yah, both types, I think, and what I've been wondering is, is it the south facings only that talk? cause I know I've been by player owned east facing that do not talk

Your Mom

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the ones that talk were created from an exploit
im not trying to be rude here at all but your all wrong, you guys can belive whatever you want but this is how it went.

Covetous statues were looted at server birth and they talked as they do now in covetous. there was also 4 red 2 story statues looted on Chessy (I forget full history on those).

the east facing statues are from an exploit with the moonglow 2 story statues, they are stuck in boxes but can be axed and possibly moved by GM, they do not talk.

Duped 2 story statues are the only ones that do not talk, they have been duped since 99' so yes im sure there was 2 versions "back in the day" :) but still yet, duped ones do not talk.

you guys can choose to belive which ever story you want but I have a vast knowledge of this type of stuff so i know its true :).

Also I think I should mention that it also depended on the method of duping that was used, some duping methods merely copied items similar to changeling dupes meaning that its special attributes such as talking, animation etc did not carry over. While other methods copied everything, so it is possible for some duped statues to talk while others do not, BUT if it doesn't talk I can 100% assure you it was a dupe.

Not trying to discourage anyone or be rude or anything of the sort I was just trying to explain the facts so people aren't confused :)

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duping doesn't affect how statues talk in any way. Duping (in it's absolute form) quite literally duplicates the item, with no differences whatsoever from the original.

There are two types of Covetous statues (discounting any "Moonglow" statues or any other form of two storey statues - I'm just talking about the ones from Covetous serverbirth), which I like to call "broadcasters" and "receivers"

A "broadcaster" is what is typically referred to as a "talking" statue, and a "reciever" is a "non-talking" statue. Place a reciever statue in the vicinity of any broadcasting statue however, and you will find that the previously silent statue will now talk, in harmony with the talking one.

This happens because in Covetous, as you enter the dungeon, each pair of statues is meant to greet you with their messages, but if they all worked independently as plain "talking" statues, then they would often be out of synch depending on which side of the corridor the player was walking down, so they were made this way to keep the game experience smooth.

You don't have to take my word for it though. I think I still have two Covetous statues locked on the steps of my museum on Europa, at the east exit of Umbra - one broadcaster and one receiver. Try them and you will see that they always talk in synch, no matter how you approach them.

T

Teufel_Hund

Duping doesn't affect how statues talk in any way. Duping (in it's absolute form) quite literally duplicates the item, with no differences whatsoever from the original.

There are two types of Covetous statues (discounting any "Moonglow" statues or any other form of two storey statues - I'm just talking about the ones from Covetous serverbirth), which I like to call "broadcasters" and "receivers"

A "broadcaster" is what is typically referred to as a "talking" statue, and a "reciever" is a "non-talking" statue. Place a reciever statue in the vicinity of any broadcasting statue however, and you will find that the previously silent statue will now talk, in harmony with the talking one.

This happens because in Covetous, as you enter the dungeon, each pair of statues is meant to greet you with their messages, but if they all worked independently as plain "talking" statues, then they would often be out of synch depending on which side of the corridor the player was walking down, so they were made this way to keep the game experience smooth.

You don't have to take my word for it though. I think I still have two Covetous statues locked on the steps of my museum on Europa, at the east exit of Umbra - one broadcaster and one receiver. Try them and you will see that they always talk in synch, no matter how you approach them.
I know the answer already, but is there anyway to tell a Receeiver statue? Or all non-talking stats actually receivers? Just curious...

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The only truly silent statues are ones which didn't come from Covetous, and the main one of these is the statues that were taken from Moonglow when Trammel was launched, but most of these are 255 stones and stuck in boxes, or placed permanantly. Moonglow statues also face east, not south.

There may be in existence somewhere, some other form of south facing mobile statue that didn't come from Covetous, but I never heard of anything like this. If it faces south and moves freely (not inside a box) then it's almost certainly from Covetous.

T

Teufel_Hund

The only truly silent statues are ones which didn't come from Covetous, and the main one of these is the statues that were taken from Moonglow when Trammel was launched, but most of these are 255 stones and stuck in boxes, or placed permanantly. Moonglow statues also face east, not south.

There may be in existence somewhere, some other form of south facing mobile statue that didn't come from Covetous, but I never heard of anything like this. If it faces south and moves freely (not inside a box) then it's almost certainly from Covetous.
cool thanks Hemi

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would like to add to the claim that east facing statues were only available via an exploit or trick to get them and that is somehow bad. Well there are many rares that are like this. As long as you don't acquire the item by duping or some 3rd party program, I think that it is a genuine rare item. Are you saying that the game would be better off if some players didn't own east facing 2-story statues? I don't think so.

Of course there would be some exceptions. But as much as I know about the 2-story statue situation, it wasn't anything bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.