• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 Smugglers Edge Question

Cyanide_Mage

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Building a char to play around with this weapon and I just have one question. I know you have a % chance to randomly steal an item from a mob based on real skill but here are my 2 question.

1. Do you only steal the *stealable mob* items? Or can you steal items in the mobs backpack like weapons/rares/etc.

2. Can you use the stealing skill on the mob with the weapon in your hand or do you have to have your hands free to use the skill.

Thanks

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question 1.
I have never stolen an artifact, but those aren't kept in the monster's pack as far as I know. You are able to steal any of the loot the monster would normally have on it, plus (depending on skill and the RNG) you have a slight chance of stealing one of the special items (listed on this page). Even at 120 skill you have a slim chance (15% chance max without using the SE. 18% with it, providing I understand it correctly.)

Question 2.
If you're going to just use the stealing skill directly you need to have your hands free. But the smugglers edge grants a bonus on top of the others based on your skill and the monsters fame level, so it's better to use it. You don't need to steal with it to work. Just equip it and attack. Each successful hit is an attempt to steal an item. Just remember, you can only steal from a monster once in it's life. So if you steal a gem or other crappy item, kill it and move on to the next.
(more info on the knife here)