• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 slot mare: Non-Chiv build options? How is Magery Mastery now?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hello fellow tamers,

I have trained several 2 slot Chiv / AI mares now and generally like them. Recently bonded a new one, I am thinking about trying a non-Chiv/AI build.

Here are the stats / plans if I DO use Chiv:
Mor Mare 2 slot CHIV.JPG

I initially thought I would make it a Magery Mastery one, but then remembered making one of those just before they stopped teleporting to Beacons and being frustrated. How is the Magery Mastery version nowadays? Here is my intended plan if I go that route:

Mor Mare 2 slot MM.JPG

I'm open to other interesting builds like Necromage or Discord. This pet will be a secondary animal, my other tamer will almost always have the tank. This pet is just for fun, on this toon I have a maxed out Triton already that is damn near unkillable. It will be used for general PvM, though if there are specific builds for farming specific mobs that you use a 2 slot mare for I'm interested to hear about it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Calavera

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For starters, I would reduce the mana and add 10 stamina regeneration.

Is there a reason you are not saving intensity for 120 scrolls? I would strongly consider it for at least Wrestling if not all skills.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Equines and some other pet types need stamina regen more than Cus.

Squishy.

SouthPaw

Lore Master
I would drop max mana, personally I prefer 600 HP. I'd give it 5 stamina regen.
Scrolls:
I would NOT scroll magery at all, and I'd scroll Eval Int. and wrestling to 120. I'd maybe scroll tactics to 105 at most-play with the damage calculator, tactics barely changes with increase over 100, advantage of 105 tactics is if pet dies and loses 0.1 skill it still has the 5% damage bonus, but even that isn't a big deal and it's one of the highest cost scrolls in both gold and ability points.

I used to think adding scrolls would make or break a pet. They don't. Will a scrolled pet kill faster? Sure, but how much faster is the question, and at what cost?