• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

2 slot bakes, make good pets or no?

Tehanu/Chanderan

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, recently returned to game trying to read up on pets and stuff.

I read on forum about bake kitsunes 2 slot being worth some, but dont really understand why. Anyway, got this bake and was looking for advice on that to do with it.

bake1.PNG bake1.2.PNG bake1.3.PNG

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They are a non rideable pet that would make less of a build than a cu at 3 slots. I'd say they have and end build like a unicorn or ki rin.

Also they are squishy like equines. They need 10 stamina regen.

They make barking noises and can get any magic a cu can get.

Imo a deco pet. I have 3 built. Pretty blue eyes.

Last edited:

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre-Patch 2 slot Bake Kitsunes can have up to 90 Fire Resist, which is the second most important Resist. They also have a max intensity rating of 9,388, which is more than 1,000 points higher than the Cu's 8,263. Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com
Their Rage ability does not take up an ability slot.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pre-Patch 2 slot Bake Kitsunes can have up to 90 Fire Resist, which is the second most important Resist. They also have a max intensity rating of 9,388, which is more than 1,000 points higher than the Cu's 8,263. Trainable Animal Bestiary | uo-cah.com
Their Rage ability does not take up an ability slot.
Show us your Bake that makes a better finished pet than a Cu.

1500 of those "extra" points are from its magery that you overwrite.

Last edited:

Nero

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can control an untrained bake with necromancy (summon familiar). If you got pre-patched pets, you can have 2 bakes. If you got a post-patched, you are limitted to 1 bake. Not sure if anybody actually using them, just for your information.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Do pack creatures lose their pack instinct when they get "advanced" with the new taming system to more slots abilities etc?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Do pack creatures lose their pack instinct when they get "advanced" with the new taming system to more slots abilities etc?
Yes it goes away. You get a warning screen. Bakes do not have pack instincts, so not a good thing to mix into this thread.