• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] 2 quick questions

S

Sharantyr

Hi.
Decided to take another tailor to 120 and have a couple of questions.

1. Having used a 120 powerscroll I can now make oil cloths til 109.6?

2. I take it I wont have to make bone armor to gain the last few points like in the past?

Thank you.

K

Kallie Pigeon

Hi.
Decided to take another tailor to 120 and have a couple of questions.

1. Having used a 120 powerscroll I can now make oil cloths til 109.6?

2. I take it I wont have to make bone armor to gain the last few points like in the past?

Thank you.
If you read the FAQ at the top of this forum then the answer is yes to both. I made sudded hiro sode from 115 to 120. I also did all the bone and studded bods I had leather for and got gains and more bods that way.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
correct...

BTW, check this table for what skill you can gain on an item on, based on PS used.

The "sweet spot" for an item is from 60% chance to make, until 80% (so, up to 10 skill points below the "No Scroll" value), but you can gain on it, just more slowly, up to the value in the column for your PS.

So, with a 120 PS...

If you want to avoid using leather for as long as possible, at 109.6 switch over to the 13-cloth Cloth Ninja Hoods (if still trying to gain Arms Lore) or 10-cloth Elven shirts (if you're already GM Arms lore), until you get to 115.0 skill. (then go to the hiro sode)

IF you want to go for faster gains, switch over to Studded Hiro Sode immediately instead, if you can handle the leather costs. Note, however, that anything Studded sleeves/Studded Armor/Bone gloves or harder, while taking more resources, will get you quicker gains. In fact, the only items still in the "gain sweet spot" at 109.6 are the toughest things to make (and the Studded Do gives gains comparable to Bone Armor, for 14 leather).

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but this is very confusing for me. I am at 105 and I have eaten a 120. What should I be making? Tabi?

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm sorry, but this is very confusing for me. I am at 105 and I have eaten a 120. What should I be making? Tabi?
Oil Cloths to 109.6. Cloth Ninja Hoods to 115, then Studded Hiro Sode's to 120.

shanshu

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oil Cloths to 109.6. Cloth Ninja Hoods to 115, then Studded Hiro Sode's to 120.
Thanks! Now THAT, I understand.

Although I have to say, I burned about 5k pieces of cloth on oil clothes and only got .01. Sound normal?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The recommendations of Setnaffa are for MINIMUM RESOURCE COST. They are NOT the "Fastest gain method" by any stretch of the imagination.

IF you got obscene amounts of leather (or money to buy it) to burn, the fastest gains are from items 60-80% to craft.